Author Topic: Photo found in an old wallet. Around Myra 1885?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Ranolki

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photo found in an old wallet. Around Myra 1885?
« on: Friday 24 February 23 20:58 GMT (UK) »
I believe this is a photo of my great grandfather's sister Myra, who was born in 1878 but died in 1899.  My great grandfather was very close to her, which would possibly account for it being in an old wallet of his.

Is anyone able to give a clue as to the era from the very limited clues with the clothing etc so that we can be a little more sure that it's likely to be her?  And possibly take away a little of the dirt?  Thank you...

Offline Ranolki

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photo found in an old wallet. Around 1885?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 23 21:03 GMT (UK) »
The photo looks distorted in that post so I've adjusted it slightly!

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Photo found in an old wallet. Around Myra 1885?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 23 12:24 GMT (UK) »
my attempt

Offline Ranolki

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 February 23 14:11 GMT (UK) »
That's absolutely beautiful, thank you!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 February 23 14:36 GMT (UK) »
I have started cleaning this one with a more natural and authentic approach suited to the Edwardian era, but as you prefer the plastic, "Taken Yesterday" look, I won't spend any more time on it  ::)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 February 23 15:18 GMT (UK) »
I have started cleaning this one with a more natural and authentic approach suited to the Edwardian era, but as you prefer the plastic, "Taken Yesterday" look, I won't spend any more time on it  ::)
Carol

plastic??, it is natural restoration using more than three techniques with more than of two hours manual restoration on Photoshop... UN-expected provocative speech, simply take it or leave it But don't direct any Criticizing speech, I'm a volunteer here since four years and trying to make people happy

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 February 23 15:32 GMT (UK) »
I think it's gorgeous! :) :)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline John-76

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 February 23 16:05 GMT (UK) »
With all due respect Loord74 I have to agree on principle with treetotal. The facial complexion characteristics show no depth or shadowing. The young lady's clothing is just blurred to the point of nothing, no detail at all. I use no AI just photoshop, and that fact coupled with my old age necessitates many hours on most of my restorations.
My comments are not personal Loord74. Don’t feel slighted, I’ve been accused of plagerism on the forum! It took a while, but I got over it. ;)
Blake, Willis, Parker and Whittington

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 February 23 16:12 GMT (UK) »
The important thing here, is that the original poster likes it. My main point, was to the poster, who liked it, and not Rami. The photograph is at least 120 years old!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU