Author Topic: Photo found in an old wallet. Around Myra 1885?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Photo found in an old wallet. Around Myra 1885?
« Reply #27 on: Monday 27 February 23 13:17 GMT (UK) »
I also mentioned that it was Edwardian in reply #4
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 February 23 22:16 GMT (UK) »
I believe this is a photo of my great grandfather's sister Myra, who was born in 1878 but died in 1899.  My great grandfather was very close to her, which would possibly account for it being in an old wallet of his.

Was there someone of the next generation?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Ranolki

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 08:15 GMT (UK) »
We're looking at that now.  On that basis she might have been born in around 1903 which would fit my grandmother.  But she really looks nothing like her and there were two other sisters after her who also don't fit.  It was definitely in my great grandfather's wallet as he had signed the inside cover of it and there were in fact two photos of his sons as little boys in there.  The only other person might be his much younger sister, who he was also close to.  She was born in 1886.  This is probably too early too.  It may remain an enigma at this rate!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 15:47 GMT (UK) »
I assume that your great grandfather didn't have any daughters as you've only mention two sons.
The original looks as if it's in some kind or frame or has a border around it. Is there anything on the back?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 16:49 GMT (UK) »
1905 ish ?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 22:31 GMT (UK) »
To me, it looks Edwardian to early 1910s.

Here's a small one that is probably similar to the original.  It reminds me of those individual school photos.

Gadget

added - one with some colour

I just noticed your colour version Gadget, it wasn't there when I last looked. I really like it, it is so natural looking.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Carol. I put it on just after you posted about the first one so you must have missed it.

I tried to make it as natural as possible with just a pale bluei-sh grey backgound and focused on her face  :)