Author Topic: Date of picture from costumes of Buckie Children  (Read 688 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date of picture from costumes of Buckie Children
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 March 23 15:10 GMT (UK) »
I would first look for any female twins born  1900+/- 5 ish. 

What surnames might they have?

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 March 23 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Further investigation shows that he started business in Buckie about 1878 and his original premises were in Baron Street. They were altered and extended in May 1883. The Baron Street studio closed when he moved to Low Street in 1897. The Low Street premises were earmarked as the site of a new bowling green and in an advertisement dated from Low Street on 15th May 1901, he announced his intention to move to new premises in Baron "Lane". By July 1901 he is announcing that he has removed to his new premises in Baron "Street". When he died in 1909,

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=870507.msg7416761#msg7416761

This was an answer given on one of your previous posts about Buckie photos. This date confirms Gadget's guestimate and would most likely be a postcard photo.

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 March 23 17:20 GMT (UK) »
I've been looking for twins in Buckie (Rathven) in the 1901 censu! using some of the surnames in Jim's post but, so far, none. the 1911 Scotish census costs. I've also found that Buckie seems to have carnivals in December

:-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***