Author Topic: The Coombe & Ash Street  (Read 481 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: The Coombe & Ash Street
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 February 23 09:20 GMT (UK) »

Here's a bit of information about the location of Ash Street in Dublin.

From the OSi National Townland and Historical Map Viewer.

Select the MapGenie 25 Inch map [1887-1913] in Basemap Gallery.

https://arcg.is/0Wv5TT

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline LJDavies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 February 23 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info. I have found quite a few of these records, but not the one about the money so I'll have a look for that. They definitely had a hard life. I'm unsure if there would be any Clarke's related still in Dublin as my grandfather and his sister moved to Wales but we think Victor stayed in Ireland, possibly Cork.

Offline Lindajane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 December 23 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching other strands of this family.
John Clarke and Catherine Kavanagh married in Cavan in 1892 and Laura Crowley is their witness. She was born Laura Clarke around the 1860s, daughter of a showman called John Clarke. She also lives at Ash Street with her husband in the 1911 census. There was another John Clarke, musician, who had a Victor, Frederick and Josephine in the 1880s. I thought this John Clarke was the brother of Laura.. now it’s occuring to me that one of them may in fact be the father John Clarke …born perhaps 1840s remarrying.