Author Topic: Frederick Gregson Shuttleworth and Daphne Ruth Toller  (Read 241 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Gregson Shuttleworth and Daphne Ruth Toller
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 February 23 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your swift replies, especially to Sandra who is such a useful ally in the search!

As QueenoftheWest points out, the child was a son. I wonder whether his middle initial G stood for Gregson.  I haven't been able to find out anything about him.

Yes it was Gregson

John

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 February 23 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again, Sandra.  I registered with that web site, but don't see how to do a search.
I was hoping to find out whether Josianne's surname at death was Shuttleworth.
But perhaps French women born in the 1930s were so émancipées that they kept their maiden name after marriage -- or else she was divorced and reverted to her former identity.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 February 23 16:16 GMT (UK) »

Did you check the births for Shuttleworth - Jorand ?

I will send thaem.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada