Author Topic: Diary Summary Week Ending Sunday 5th March 2023  (Read 2020 times)

Offline angelfish58

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grandma & Grandad married 23 Aug 1918
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary Week Ending Sunday 5th March 2023
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 March 23 17:47 GMT (UK) »
That must've been a terrible shock, so pleased you weren't hurt. We had a pleasant day, our daughter came over with Hazel, we took the dog out for a walk before taking him to the groomers, just waiting for the call to pick him up.
Watson, Snowball, Pyburn, Heppell, Ferry, Holmes, Clennett, Kidd, Pescod, Bage Co.Duham & Northumberland
Stockton, Watson, Bage, Nellist N. Yorks
Challnor/Challoner Cheshire/Shropshire. Moore, Mansell: Wellington, Shropshire
Davies/ David, Coity, Glamorgan
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 March 23 17:58 GMT (UK) »
He will  be a pretty boy!!, My daughter's dog always came out of the groomers with  blue bow!
Thank you, Yes it was a shock ,   thank God we are both ok and are just fine, now got the tiresome job of insurance claim

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 March 23 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear LM, that wasn't a good experience to start your day, thank goodness no-one was hurt. Was there much damage to your car? Whether it's a write off will depend on that and what the nature of the damage is. If it's written off you can buy the car back from the insurance company and pay for the repairs with what they've paid you but it may not be worthwhile. I'm sorry to say that begging them not to write it off won't get you anywhere, it's just a procedure for them.
Hope it all works out okay for you.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 March 23 20:01 GMT (UK) »
LM - so sorry to hear about your accident this morning, pleased to hear neither of you were hurt, but hope you’ll keep a check on yourself as sometimes things can occur later! I speak from experience.
Good to hear that the young man stopped and admitted liability, hope your car is repairable but as Roobarb says it’s not always a choice thing up to the insurers.
Take care and take it easy over the weekend.

Never been to see the ceremony of the keys at The Tower… enjoyed the TCpV programme they did about the Tower and all the folk that live there.

Nothing much happened this week with me.. weather pretty miserable and chilly.. enjoying our log burner tonight.

Next week going to visit Angels, the costume place in Hendon that’s been going since 1840 hiring out and making costumes for the stage and film. They do a two hour tour through various departments. As it was a job I would have loved when I left fashion college I’m keen to see the place.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 March 23 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Very sorry to hear about your accident but glad that neither you and your friend were hurt. Good that the other driver admitted responsibility. Just take it quietly for a few days as it’s such a shock when these things happen.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 March 23 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your kind wishes

I know I can't plead to keep my car, that was said in jesto, I know if it I written off I  have alternatives  but yet to be told what they are,  I would like it to be restored, it is not so much the cost  but if the insurance doesn't think it is worthwhile they won't repair it, just have to wait and see, the weekend has got in the way.  I have had my fusion since it was a couple of years old, it is slightly higher than a lot of other cars and it suited  my hip.

It is predicted colder weather, one of my friends is in Cornwall surfing , mad fools this time of the year, not for me but they enjoy it.

Call, I like the sound of Angels.

Have a good weekend

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 March 23 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear this LM. Had a similar experience a couple of years back- rear end shunt from someone not paying attention. Our car,  a Honda Jazz , was written off- again too old to consider repairs. Luckily we were able to get another one from our local garage where we have dealt for over 20 years. We called in to see what they had and were taken with a Vauxhall Corsa and whilst we were there pondering on what to do when we spied another couple taking a close interest in it; and so into the showroom and bagged it pronto!
It was useful having the benefit of a courtesy car on our insurance as it took abouth a month to get the matter of a replacement sorted and we would have been lost without transport.
It came as a bit of a shock nearly 12 months later with a call regarding the claim as the other party's insurance company were playing a little hard to get and had delayed paying over the claim to our insurance company - threats of Court Action- which thankfully came to nought.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 March 23 22:59 GMT (UK) »
I am very sorry to read of your accident LM.
I am not getting notification of some posts,and have to keep logging in .
So sorry I have not said how glad I am you nor your passenger were hurt.

Be careful ,you might have some delayed reaction.
I hope you get a vehicle that you feel comfortable driving.
It is and has been very kind if you to take your neighbour shopping.

Hope every one is O.K.
Cheerio,Viktoria.

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 March 23 01:30 GMT (UK) »
Very sorry to hear about your accident, LM.  These things are so unsettling, even without injuries.  I was hit a number of years ago, a teenager my kids actually went to school with, she ran the light.  Not hurt and her insurance paid for my repairs.

We are in the middle of a blizzard right now with something I have never experienced- thunder and lightning!  We are supposed to get up to 30 cM of the white stuff.

Had a few days’ visit with my daughters but younger one was very tired after a long bout of insomnia. My drive there included seeing two coyotes on the outskirts of Niagara Falls.  I actually got onto the wrong country road, it was a bit surreal seeing these two large dog-like creatures staring at me as I turned the car around to get back on the main road!

Received unsettling news while there that my son, his partner, and baby (four and a half months) all tested positive for Covid.  Son has been working since the beginning of it as his job was considered essential, and it finally caught up with him.  He has been sick for about a week now but has to go back to work next week as he has used up all his paid sick days and has personal days but has used those too.

Hope everyone is well.