Author Topic: Death certificate Miss Margaret McDonald abt Mar 15, 1918, Ogdensburg, NY  (Read 185 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death certificate Miss Margaret McDonald abt Mar 15, 1918, Ogdensburg, NY
« on: Tuesday 28 February 23 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I have found a newspaper article in the Potsdam Herald Recorder on March 15, 1918 which states that Miss Margaret McDonald was found dead in her hotel room, in Ogdensburg, age 70. That would be the exact age for her to be the daughter of James McDonald and Margaret Johnston. However, I cannot find her death certificate on either family search or Ancestry to verify her parents' names. Can anyone find her death certificate or a proper obit in order to verify Margaret's family?
Thank you
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate Miss Margaret McDonald abt Mar 15, 1918, Ogdensburg, NY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 21:50 GMT (UK) »
This article gives a lot more detail as well, her history. It also names her siblings.

The Republican-Journal.
March 08, 1918,
Page 5

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01s5b/

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello RJ. I am delighted to have this obit although it turns out, it is not my Margaret was born in Ontario and who did live in Ogdensburg. I was hoping to tie the family together.
Thanks ever so much. I will look for the named relatives and/or her birth in Alexandria, Ontario.
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my Margaret McDonald nee Johnston died Oct 6, 1895 in Irvington-on-Hudson, New York where her son Robert had gone to live. I got her date of death from the NYS Vital Records Index, sent to me by the Onondaga County Public Library. I have no idea if she had an obit. She is buried in Brier Hill Cemetery, New York.
I was thinking that the Margaret McDonald whose death was in 1918 was her daughter. Not so. There was a brother James McDonald who died Jan 24, 1872 in Morristown, New York, NOT New Jersey.