Author Topic: Blairdrummond Cemetery  (Read 238 times)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
Blairdrummond Cemetery
« on: Friday 03 March 23 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Can someone tell me if there is some sort of group looking after or tending to Blairdrummond Cemetery.
The reason I ask is because the headstone for my great grandparents, Peter and Betsy Rae Ferguson, has been removed.
I would like to know where it is and have it replaced.

Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Blairdrummond Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 March 23 17:09 GMT (UK) »
I seem to have forgotten how to insert a photo
                (sorted)
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 March 23 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Blairdrummond Cemetery is in the care of Stirling Council. Suggest you ask them.

https://www.stirling.gov.uk/media/vn4abqfs/strategy-for-cemeteries-and-burial-grounds.pdf
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 23 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Forfarian.
Hadn't thought of that.
I will get in touch with them but they will probably say that they know nothing about it.

Cheers

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 January 24 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Stone was found not to far away from where it should have been covered in leaves and long grass.