Author Topic: Patrick O’Connell . Limerick to NZ bf.1863 . Hastings NZ  (Read 364 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Patrick O’Connell . Limerick to NZ bf.1863 . Hastings NZ
« on: Sunday 05 March 23 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all , in the last few days I have found out so much of my nephews family tree for him and his mother . All of it new , some false steps , some unknown and some quite scandalous. My sister in law was unaware of her ties to NZ were so old . I have found her relative … gt gt grandparents Patrick O Connell and Mary o Neil came from Limerick Ireland . Their first child was born in Ireland Dec 1861 and their second in Clive , Hastings  NZ in 1863 . How do I find what ship they came on and passenger list . Patrick was a blacksmith in Clive . They are buried in Hastings NZ cemetery . All the best . Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick O’Connell . Limerick to NZ bf.1863 . Hastings NZ
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 March 23 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fred

Was going to put the O'CONNELL family details on your other current thread.   
But it's good that you've now found the family.   ;)

NZ Immigration Passenger lists are on the Family Search website   www.familysearch.org

~  Lu