Author Topic: 1871 Census for Linnbank Weavers Cottages in Nemphlar, Lanarkshire  (Read 260 times)

Offline Hootsman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Census for Linnbank Weavers Cottages in Nemphlar, Lanarkshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 March 23 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Yeh, I have all of that info - Thanks.

The 1871 Census that I found for John Lockhart and family also shows others that I know had previously occupied the other houses on the row of cottages.

At the top of this record I note that William Jackson's brother James Jackson is recorded along with a Marion Brown 4 years old ID'd as a Granddaughter and Mary Jackson ID'd as a daughter.

In the 1861 and previous census records James Jackson has always lived with his brother William Jackson. No person in this entry (house) is ID'd as the HEAD. Since it was at the top of the page, I thought I might have found William and perhaps he was on the previous census page, so I downloaded the previous record but the last entry on the page relates to a different family. I think there is a missing page.
Jackson, Somerville, Pepper, Livingstone, McCormick, Juggins, Shucksmith, Robinson

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 March 23 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I think there is a missing page.
Look at the schedule numbers in the very far left column on the original image. If they're not consecutive there is a page missing, and it would be worth pointing it out to SP and asking if they can find it.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Hootsman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 March 23 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your help.

I had checked the schedule numbers and they are correct i.e. 7/12 and 6/12, so there does not appear to be a missing page, but perhaps there is one page missing.

I will take your advice and contact SP.

Thanks again - have a good evening.

John
Jackson, Somerville, Pepper, Livingstone, McCormick, Juggins, Shucksmith, Robinson