Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023  (Read 2557 times)

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 09 March 23 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Flash Harry sounds like a bright boy; very resourceful too in being able to find out things so independently.

Yes, I hope Pharma and Annette are well and Roobarb not too busy.  Hopefully, we might hear more about Caroline's trip soon.

The wind is whistling here and it feels sooo cold.😬  SiL has made me feel jealous as she sent word saying she is very warm on holiday and sleeping with only sheet!! Alright for some! ;)

Goodnight All.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 March 23 22:05 GMT (UK) »
My grandaughter  is in 30 plus degrees now whist we are possibly 3 or minus 3, degrees, out time will come hopefully  this summer

Goodnight all

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 09 March 23 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks R.T.L,yes FHmight give his own reasons if the question is posed supposedly about another child ,as he might not  imagine others’ reasons.
That is a really good idea.

Gosh the wind is getting up , dustbin day tomorrow,they are wheeled to a collection point at the end of the lane.
If they blow over there will be rubbish all over the place.
Blue one for bottles ,tins and plastic, so pretty heavy and may be O.K.
Well note out for milk lady ,lock up,wash supper cups ,clean teeth and a wash in case I die in the night .
On that note I say Good night  and God bless.
Viktoria.

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 09 March 23 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Summer usually lasts two days on Tyneside .. well that's my version of it and I'm sticking to it. 8).
Goodnight LM, sleep well.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 09 March 23 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes, sometimes I think children struggle to express their own feelings but if given a 'story' about which you seemed puzzled I think Flash Harry just might fill you in with the answer.  He does sound a very bright boy and I think he will want to help you understand a given scenario.  Then hopefully you might find out why he doesn't like writing. Let us know if it works. :)
It did work for me once.  I won't say too much about circumstances but a young one had done something really quite naughty and it was blatantly obvious it was them.  Using the story idea, they did actually give the reasons why they (the story person😉)might have done the deed. 
Goodnight and God Bless too Viktoria. :)

.. the wind is whistling so much now I almost feel like Emily Bronte living on the moors ..

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 March 23 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Morning all
We have the white stuff - about 3 to 4 inches but the sun is now out and it's starting to melt hurray.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 March 23 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Good morning all
Wet and very blustery day , rained all night but we haven't got the white stuff,  as long as it doesn't freeze we are ok,

You are right RTL,   we haven't heard  from Annette lately, hope she is ok

Take care everyone

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 10 March 23 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Winter storm here today, supposed to get 10 to 15 cm by tonight.  OH made a doctor’s appointment yesterday for this morning, despite the snow he wanted to have something looked at that he is worried about.  Said the roads were fine, no ice, and traffic keeping the busier roads clear.

Was at the family history centre yesterday, busier than usual.  Did a bit of work on my own, after many many years have tracked down a relative by checking for her on an Ancestry tree.  I then double checked his data.  No wonder I couldn’t find her, she was living as wife of her future husband in 1901, they married bigamously in 1907.  Another can of worms opened!

I won’t be doing my stint there for 6 weeks as I will be at my arthritis clinic Monday and Thursday mornings.  Fingers crossed it will help!  I have been feeling better recently, have been sleeping better which might be the reason.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 11 March 23 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Nasty snow and ice here, made a visit to pharmacy a bit of an expedition. Brrrr. Hate cold, always have.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)