Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023  (Read 2555 times)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 12th March 2023
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 12 March 23 15:13 GMT (UK) »
LM, hope this situation works out in your favour, am not surprised you are stressed.

Mare, love the photo!

Good sleep last night, clocks changed, hour ahead.  Doesn't bother me, but OH grouses about it.  He has gone to gym, we might go out when he gets back, to a hardware/building store.  The nurse practitioner told him the other day to eat a big McDonald's meal as he has had trouble with stomach pain.  Well, we might stop there, but it sounds a little questionable to me as a diagnostic tool!

Changed my picture here, this is a painting of our dog my daughters gave to us for Christmas in 2015.  It was taken from a photo I used to use here, I have always thought it was a wonderful likeness and a great keepsake when he crosses the Rainbrow Bridge!

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 12 March 23 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Just to say I'm home again after another 2 week stay at my sisters.  Was only home a week before things got worse.   Felt so bad.   Will have been home 2 weeks tomorrow so faring better this time.  Vertigo treated by medication and (touch wood) the dizziness abated 4 days ago.   Hope it stays that way.  Trying to see, or even speak to a doctor, is a nightmare at my surgery.  Have to phone in at 8am, told you are 52nd in the queue (or whatever) and just to have to hang on the line which can take forever only to be told doctor will phone you before 6.30pm.   Due to current problems have had to phone on numerous occasions and had calls from doctors I've never even heard of before.   Alas, mostly Asian and for whatever reason I find it extremely difficult to understand them.   By the time you get a phone call they've already made their decision re. the facts you've reported and really don't listen to you.   My sister is a receptionist at another surgery and knows how things work (or how they're supposed to) and suggested I use e-consult instead of phoning.   Have done this twice now and things were much easier.   Since my vertigo medication would run out on 13th, and I'd not been told whether I should continue with it or not, I used e-consult again to check this out.  Doctor phoned at 9am the following day.   To my amazement and delight, he was my 'own' doctor, Dr.M.   It felt so very different to be able to talk to someone who knew me (my doctor for over 30 years).   He actually listened to me, asked questions, etc.  and said that I need to stay on the medication.   If I continue as I am I can reduce to 2 tablets a day (instead of 3) and so on.  At the end of the consultation he said how nice it was to talk to me again after all this time (last time I actually saw him was some time before the pandemic started).   He treated me like a human being instead of just a name and tel. no. as the previous doctors who've phoned me have done.   It makes such a difference.

Tomorrow my nephews wife is picking me up and we are going out to lunch which I'm looking forward to, Wednesday afternoon my niece (mother of the twins) is picking me up to take back to hers and I've been invited to dinner too.   Then on Tuesday the following week Jo (plus the twins) is picking me and the 4 of us are going out to lunch.

My sister and b-in-law (together with his brother and wife) left on Thursday for a 2 week cruise to Norway.   The thought of the North Sea in winter doesn't bear thinking about for me.   A friend very recently went on a 1 week cruise to Norway and had 2 horrific nights with winds and 30m waves.   Amazingly, she slept through the first one but was awake all night with the second one.   Had a text from my sister the first night saying all was good and that they'd just been given a menu for a 5 course meal.   Haven't heard from her since though (nor has anyone else in the family)!

Sorry about your car accident, LM, and the trouble you are having.   My car while parked was hit by a car reversing out of their drive way, just on the corner of my sisters road.   It was dark but as luck would have it I was actually standing outside my sisters at the time, heard/saw it happen and knew which house it was from.   They stopped, looked at my car, and then just drove off.   Whilst I was looking to see the damage the car suddenly appeared from the following direction having driven a circular route.   It stopped right by my car and they got out to look at the damage not knowing I was crouched down at the rear of my vehicle looking at the damage myself.   However, they completely denied they were the car involved and that they'd only stopped because they had seen me and wondered what the problem was!!!!   They never drove down the section of the road my sister lives on, always approaching their home from the other direction.   Luckily for me, one of my sisters neighbours had seen their car speeding up the road and duly noted as they never previously used that part of the road, their driving erratic and out of character.   I reported to the police and this neighbour volunteered to tell them what she'd seen, confirming my account.   The whole thing took a long time to sort out because they continually lied to the police.

The girls had their first baking lesson with Mummy making scones.   Attach 2 photos - Macy mixing, Darcy glazing.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 13 March 23 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Dear wee girls Annette, little ladies already.  Fingers crossed for you that things stay better, good you have been able to stay with your sister rather than on your own and how good that you had your 'own' doctor to talk things through with.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 13 March 23 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Lovely to hear from you Annette, hope the car is sorted ,L.M is having trouble too with an utterly unscrupulous driver so good results for you both we all hope.
Glad you are getting proper treatment now.
Thanks for the photos , charming.
Very best wishes for continued health improvement.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 13 March 23 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Mare, what a gorgeous little 'doll'.  What a happy smile and she looks so very striking in her red tartan dress. :)
Annette, it is good to have you back and to see some more lovely pictures of the twins.  I can't believe how fast they are growing up and into baking scones already! What team work !:)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 13 March 23 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Had a laugh at myself today ,on Saturday got a nice gammon joint for yesterday .
It cooked really well, crisp crackling and meat very tender but it really was very salty .
There were no directions for soaking .
I went back to Tesco today ,with the label,said was not complaining as we had eaten a good part of it but it was very salty and it really needed soaking yet no instructions re soaking .
The assistant at the desk asked where had I bought it ?
I said “ Here” ,then—- looked at the label —- Morrison’s
Oooer! “ I brazened it out and Said” Does this mean you are not giving me my money back?”
We had a laugh .

Rain rain and more rain today.

Son much better but not negative yet .

Not much news so will say Good Night,and hope things are justly dealt with for those anxious about accidents etc.
Those with health worries ,hope you feel much better soon .
Goodnight everyone.
Viktoria.