RC parish of Inniscarra
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0060

Offline Chippy27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lombard
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 March 23 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. Do you know what month 1868?. Yes I know they were catholic this side as family tradition pass down. I'm sorry I'm a bit dyslexic. But thanks for helping

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 March 23 07:40 GMT (UK) »
8th August 1868

This is a link to her marriage cert
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1868/11470/8216051.pdf

Did they have any children in Ireland?

Offline Chippy27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 March 23 07:47 GMT (UK) »
My 2x great grandmother Born Cork Margaret Lombard 1843

She was aged 20 in 1868, 22 in 1871, 32 in 1881, and 43 in 1891, so I am not sure where you get a birth year of 1843.

Debra  :)
Birth year from ancestry but I will double check this xx Once again I appreciate all the help

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 March 23 12:21 GMT (UK) »
May not be Richard but there is a Lombard in 1846 who is a steward to Edmond Burke Roche MP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmond_Roche,_1st_Baron_Fermoy
May be a area worth checking.
The info comes from a the Irish Examiner 1846 it's very difficult to read, appears to be a dispute about a road and as far as I can see Lombard's first name is never used.

Looking over it again it appears this man was Bat Lombard.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 March 23 03:13 GMT (UK) »
I think the evidence suggests that Margaret may have been Protestant. Not conclusive, but  suggestive.

Consider:
- James was clearly Catholic, as was his family in Gorey, Co. Wexford.
- The family reared their children in England as Catholics.
- But their marriage was in a registry office. Why would that be?

Well, one very good reason why was if she was originally Protestant.  Until sometime in the late 1870s or 1880s it was illegal for a Catholic priest to perform a "mixed marriage". Such "marriages" were not legally marriages at all - they were null and void. Now most Catholics didn't care about that law - but a policeman probably would, especially as their marriages had to be registered with the police department (at least with the RIC). So that left either marrying in a Protestant church, which was not a great option for a Catholic - or a registry office.

If she was Protestant would also explain another fact - that there is no sign of her baptism, or of births to her father, in Dripsey, in the parish of Inniscarra, even though the Catholic parish registers are extant and are online.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area