Author Topic: Tyneside marriage look-up please  (Read 342 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tyneside marriage look-up please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 March 23 17:03 GMT (UK) »
https://my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category/533/contact-registrars-office

Contact the registrar's office and give them the names and info provided by Rosie - ask them to give you the Church code e.g. Christ Church is code C1.  See below for a post on the codes.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=550486.msg4037731#msg4037731

If you come back with the code this should enable us to establish the Church - if it was an Anglican one.
If North Shields local studies hold the records on said Church I would probably be able to look it up for you, if you aren't in the area.  Hopefully, the Church might be one of these.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline ivor56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 March 23 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks to all who have replied to me. The tree on ancestry is mine. I am convinced that Robert's parents are Isaac and Jane nee Byers. I have found the baptism of Robert in 1884 at Hesket in the Forest which is in Penrith RD. The family all hail from the surrounding area and things add up well. Just ordered his Birth Cert today, also en route is his Marriage Cert. Next is his death, but a few Robert Normans are in the pipeline for research.. Many thanks again to all.. what a great site this is.. :)

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 March 23 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thought it best to explain my reasoning behind my post re Robert not being the son of Isaac and Jane.

In 1939 his date of birth is recorded as 6th December 1885, so probably registered mq 1886. His occupation was Sawyer, Heavy worker.

In 1921 census born 1885 Carlisle with Isabella

In 1911 census aged 25 wood sawyer born Armathwaite

In 1901 census aged 15 wood cutter born Armathwaite.

In 1891 census aged 5 born Carlisle.

The Robert who is son of Isaac & Jane has a birth registered in the sept quarter 1884 Penrith ie at least up to 14/15 months earlier than your Robert.

John

Offline ivor56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 March 23 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi John
Yes I have that info on my tree. I cannot find a death for a Robert Norman between 1884 and 1899 in the Penrith RD where they were living then. There are a few Roberts deaths (same years)in Carlisle but I have found them in the cemetery records but none fit my Robert. So I am assuming Robert wasn't sure of his birth year (seen that before). Also Isaac was a joiner and Robert goes on to work with wood in some form for a lot of years. I am awaiting birth and marriage certs of Robert. Will update when I get them.
Thanks..Ivor

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 March 23 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Please do let us know the outcome of the birth certificate details. Isaac's son Robert was born we know before 12.7.1884 when he was baptised.

John