Author Topic: PERRY Armagh>Lorneville,NB-Sisters?  (Read 599 times)

Offline sambrookrj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PERRY Armagh>Lorneville,NB-Sisters?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 March 23 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Printed by Print Three Saint John,  issued in print and electronic formats.
ISBN 978-0-9959253-0-4
ISBN 978-0-9959253-1-1
I am sure the library could get a copy.
The Old Age Pensions Act 1908 and subs used the 1841/1851 census records for applicants but the families in Lornesville left Kilkeel around 1833, there are the Tithe Appointment books for Kilkeel that is for 1830 but it only gives names and townlands.
I am presently looking a passenger lists (again) as I believe they left from Warrenpoint or Newry.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 March 23 13:27 GMT (UK) »

The Old Age Pensions Act 1908 and subs used the 1841/1851 census records for applicants but the families in Lornesville left Kilkeel around 1833, there are the Tithe Appointment books for Kilkeel that is for 1830 but it only gives names and townlands.

Census Search Forms

http://censussearchforms.nationalarchives.ie/search/cs/home.jsp

The Old Age Pensions Act 1908 introduced a non-contributory pension for eligible people aged 70 and over. It was implemented from January 1909 in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. To be eligible, applicants had to be 70 years old, to have an income of less than £31.10.00 per annum and to 'be of good character'.

The Tithe Applotments look-up for Co Down is available on the PRONI e-Catalogue. 
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/search-pronis-ecatalogue
https://apps.proni.gov.uk/eCatNI_IE/SearchPage.aspx

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline sarah.negus84

• I have turned off my email notifications
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 March 23 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Printed by Print Three Saint John,  issued in print and electronic formats.
ISBN 978-0-9959253-0-4
ISBN 978-0-9959253-1-1
I am sure the library could get a copy.
I am presently looking a passenger lists (again) as I believe they left from Warrenpoint or Newry.

PANB has an Irish Immigrant database that might be of help. My Galbraiths came to Lorneville between 1833 and 1838 (James came first,followed by Isabella and her two older sons,John and James).

It seems SJ Library has four copies so I may have to make a visit soon.
Negus,Johnson,Knox,McLaren,Morrell