Author Topic: Mulligan family 1901 Blackburn  (Read 263 times)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Mulligan family 1901 Blackburn
« on: Saturday 11 March 23 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm searching for Martin mulligan and his wife Catherine and family, on the 1901they were in Blackburn moore Street,, l cannot find them after this date they possibly emigrated or Martin took the family back to Ireland,, hope you can help eda x
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mulligan family 1901 Blackburn
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 March 23 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Can you post full 1901 details please as you haven’t given any birthyears or names of children.

Have you looked for them on the Irish 1911 census?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Have you looked for marriages for their children?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 March 23 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi not sure how l do this,, eda
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 March 23 12:28 GMT (UK) »
They were in Blackburn, Lancashire.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X9LB-BSX

David

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 March 23 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Yes that's the family,, it's just after 1901 sorry lm unable to post pics ect l have done this before but cannot think how l did it,, eda x

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 March 23 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Looks like daughter Mary married William Henry Horne June qtr 1903
They are on the 1911 in Moore St Blackburn.
She seems to die Sep qtr 1914 Balckburn age 30

Sister Nellie is in the same household having married  Dec qtr 1909  John William McCabe.
They are together 1921 not 1911.
Catherine Beardsmore is the older sister born 1881 who married Samuel Mar 1905 Blackburn

Ciderdrinker

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 March 23 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi thankyou, the problem l have there are two famlies named mulligan,, 1 being Michael marrying Bridget mulroy, the other Martin mulligan and wife Catherine,,, l really think the mulligans were brothers they named the children the same names, the Michael  mulligan and Bridget are the parents of Ellen (nelly) she married mcCabe lve traced them back to family present day, and also are the parents of the women on the 1911 census l have bmds ect l have now got the marriage of Micheal and Bridget marrying Prescot 1878, l just cannot find Martin and family after this date,,, eda

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 March 23 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Sorry I got the wrong children.
I can't spot Martin and Catherine anywhere else.They just seem to appear out of thin air.
I'm guessing Michael and Bridget come from Swineford County Mayo.
Possible baptisms  for Michael
Michael 15.9.1854 s of Johannes and Maria Hunt of Carachane
or
Michael 6.12.1856 s of Johannes and Anna Ward of Raban

The first does have a brother Martin bapt 26.10.1856 .

Marriages John Mulligan  and Anna Ward 31.1.1856 at Swineford  wit Maria Ward and Michael Mintbury?

John and Maria Hunt 30.6.1850 at Carracastle Mayo wit Martin Mulligan  and Margaret Warren

It would be helpful if we could see Martin and Catherine's marriage but the only one I can spot is 9 Mar 1874 at Killasser to a Catherine Lavin.
They have 3 children and then disappear .(William 8.10.1876 Killasser ,Mary 16.12.1877 and Bridget 16.11.1879)

I just can't see them after that.

ps Bridget Mulroy bapt Swineford 16.1.1859 d of Thomas and Margarita Regan could be a possibility
 They seem to be at no 12 Chapel St. While there is a Griffiths valuation for a John Mulligan at no 7 Market St.

Ciderdrinker

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 March 23 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou cyderdrinker,,, you have been working hard,,, l know they are from the Maria hunt and John mulligan from swineford, also Bridget mulroy is the daughter of Thomas mulroy and Margaret regan,,,, most of the children went to USA,, but Micheal and Bridget and poss Martin but not sure about him,, like you l cannot find a marriage for Martin and Catherine,,, lt gets really confusing with the records of Micheal children has they had the same names has martins children, lm hoping Martin and family poss went to USA,, or maybe they were not related lm in touch with dna connections so l know l have the right family ,, you have been very kind searching for these records much appreciated,, eda x