Author Topic: McELROY FAMILIES of brothers - PETER AND JAMES, CO. MONAGHAN N.I.  (Read 1223 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McELROY FAMILIES of brothers - PETER AND JAMES, CO. MONAGHAN N.I.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 12 March 23 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Well, I have to say brilliant finds, heywood! :D  Well done! 
So she didn't become a nun after all!
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 12 March 23 19:30 GMT (UK) »
I found the tree by chance - trying to check out 1881 census find for Peter with Bernard.
But came across the one for Kate and checked the entries out first though just in case  :)

I am quite excited.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 12 March 23 19:41 GMT (UK) »
They will be found when they want to be found .. so Catherine/Katherine must have wanted to be found today! ;D

You should be excited and proud - looks like you have brought this particular brick wall tumbling down for Doreen today!  👏🎉 :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 12 March 23 20:07 GMT (UK) »
WOW!!! I AM OVERWHELMED; AND YOU ARE ALL SO FANTASTIC AND BRILLIANT WITH YOUR KINDNESS AND DILIGENCE. WHAT CAN I SAY????   T H A N K  Y O U   A L L  S O  M U C H. XXX

I will take you all up on your kind offers, as long as it's not costing you out of your own pockets.

I take the A.B.C. approach to life. Assume nothing, believe no one. Check everything. There are always a chance that there are some truths in people's lies, and it's a matter of sifting the truth out of the loads of lies....this may be the case here, with 'porkie pies' piled into the truth to throw off the scent of the chase. THE TRIP TO OZ MAY BE RIGHT.... and 1882 would fit in nicely...then a marriage and a new life.  I do hope she had a good life in her new country.

I was out there before Covid, on a trip of a lifetime. A one off.   Whilst there I found my husband's half uncle and families from the 1960's as £10 Poms in Perth, landing at Freemantle. located them through the 'Walls of Welcome' on the quayside outside the museum.... after we visited Rottnest Island, the Penal Colony and Prison!!!

Daughter and Son in Law was there Feb; sorting out a funeral of his Uncle.   So near, and yet so far. Talk about coincidences and near misses.... But, hey life is exciting; and lovely to meet so many good people. Strangers are only friends we have yet to meet and walk along lifes pathways and lanes.  I'm meeting them in abundance since I found this site. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOU ARE STARS. KEEP SMILING AND STAY SAFE.    I need to follow up the Oz link to see what happened to our Kangeroo Cousins.   Life is Good - thanks to all you Good People. Give yourselves a pat on your back. Morse, Endeavour and all the other detectives could learn a lot from you Guys and Gals. XXXX

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 12 March 23 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Here is a tree on Family Search in case you don’t have Ancestry

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/L8M7-KR5

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 12 March 23 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Well what an experience the last three days have been. It's so addictive. Yes I believe the Monaghan family are linked to our McElroys...but will have to check it out.

Doesn't look as though our Kate (Catherine) had any more children, so that branch has gone. Poor Henry losing his wife, so soon after marriage and in a new Country. Must have been very hard for all the immigrants back then in such a harsh climate and living conditions.

Told a couple of my biological cousins,  about your detective work and sluthing, and they are like cats with two tails at what you have all discovered in such a short space of time. You should all be very proud of your achievements. If you lived close enough we could have had a celebration.

Must get my DNA sent off to prove my father's I.D. once and for all. If he is, who I think he is, then I already have the names, and can link to cousins and second cousins easily. I have never told my 'half siblings' about his infidelities during the war ,which resulted in at least two more siblings attached to their family.  Both of my  'believed half siblings' still living,  are in ill health and I have no desire to upset or stress them, taking away their love and respect of their father for their actions during  the vicious conflict of WW11.  I don't condone or condemn their actions when life was so easily taken from them in an instant due to meglomaniacs.....Some leaders in Countries never learn - do they?

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 12 March 23 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Doesn't look as though our Kate (Catherine) had any more children, so that branch has gone. Poor Henry losing his wife, so soon after marriage and in a new Country. Must have been very hard for all the immigrants back then in such a harsh climate and living conditions.

There are 5 children in that link.

Vera Inez Lucy Musgrave 1883–1885

Herbert Cecil Musgrave 1885–1963

Alice Muriel Musgrave 1886–1947

Irene Ethel Musgrave 1888–1969

Gertrude Ida Musgrave 1889 - 1983

The children all have Henry and Kate as parents so for whatever reason, they were together for several years before marriage.

You can check the births index on the site I posted earlier
https://www.familyhistory.bdm.qld.gov.au/

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 12 March 23 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Excellent. I should be able to find some more Australian relations now on the East Coast as well as the West and South. Wonder where this pathway will lead?

Again - Stirling work....but looks as though we are thawrted again....no children? from the five born to Kate and Henry Musgrave? Drat! back to the drawing board.   lol.

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 12 March 23 23:48 GMT (UK) »
So our Kate (Catherine died about 2 yrs after Gertrude was born)
What happened to the children?
Did he marry again?
Were the children put into an institution?
Or did other members of family or community take over the care of the children?
Did he go back to U.K. Europe or elsewhere?