Author Topic: McELROY FAMILIES of brothers - PETER AND JAMES, CO. MONAGHAN N.I.  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McELROY FAMILIES of brothers - PETER AND JAMES, CO. MONAGHAN N.I.
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a million once again. YOU ARE A MINE OF INFORMATION, AND MUCH APPRECIATED.

Henry Musgrave had a difficult life bless him. I wonder who cared for his family after the demise of both his wives? I would like to think that he had support from close family and friends.

It's never easy for children losing a parent these days, it must have far worse back then, and in such hostile conditions. Puts our gripes into context when you see what happens to other peoples lives. :'(

Offline Doreen Peacock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McELROY FAMILIES of brothers - PETER AND JAMES, CO. MONAGHAN N.I.
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for advice Heywood. I will need to get a member of family to guide me through the more technical aspect of putting in quotes and links.. my brain is somewhat slower being almost 80yrs - when it comes to computer technology, hence my many questions to clarify facts etc.

You and others, are, and have been amazing pushing forward my search for missing family members. I am now linking with some people in Australia; so I can get paper proof of Catherines death record and put that strand to sleep...so I can then pick up the Irish connection in Monaghan for Peter         Mc Elroy and ancestors of Catherine Smith from N/C to trace pirate and Spanish lady.... Thank you so much for your input, I couldn't have got this far without it.