Author Topic: Jeffrey H Price. b abt 1935 Nottinghamshire.  (Read 482 times)

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jeffrey H Price. b abt 1935 Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 March 23 21:31 GMT (UK) »
I checked the 1939 register Arthur & Rosa are there also 6 year old child Joan Wardle  then added Joan Brittlebank mothers maiden name Dawson . Was she a child from a previous marriage ?   There is no mention of Shirley b in 1936 so would have been 3 at the time .. Shirley is the one I am most interested in .   Any ideas ?

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 March 23 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Brittlebank is  Joan's married name - the register was updated over the years with such details (she married in 1952). Shirley is probably one of the two redacted entries in the household, given she died fairly recently

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 March 23 08:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks I should have realised that having come across it before.  Regarding Shirley what do you mean by dying  fairly recently , within what time scale
Thanks Val

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 March 23 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Message 2 said she died in 2013. On the 1939 register the record of anyone born less than 100 years ago is closed unless they are known to have died. The Register was also used as the National Health Service (NHS) Register, and was updated until 1991. If someone born less than 100 years ago has died after 1991 it's dependent on the publishers like Findmypast and Ancestry checking the names and dates of birth against the General Register Office indexes of deaths in England and Wales and opening  records where exact matches are found. They do so regularly but it can be a bit hit and miss. My mother's entry is still closed and she died in 2002

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 March 23 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your trouble , I understand it now but it is confusing when you don’t know the regulations .   I appreciate your help   Many thanks
Val