Author Topic: George Tindle  (Read 675 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: George Tindle
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 09:51 BST (UK) »
just a snippet I am not sure if there is any connection but worth noting
Burial11th November 1794
Earsdon,
Thomas Tindle
abode Laverick Hall Horton Parish
a farmer,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Bvc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 10:51 BST (UK) »
Thank -you, she was indeed the daughter of George and Sarah but did not survive into adulthood. The only dughter who did is Margaret and she didn't marry do no info there. I will keep looking.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 16:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much. When Thomas born 1798 married Elizabeth in Jarrow in 1829 the register shows the witnesses as Thomas Sheldon and Elizabeth Dodds. Sadly as I move through the registers this couple appear to witness virtually every marriage in the parish. The vicar obviously did not bother with witnesses and just out down these two name.

Its common to find 'habitual' witnesses in OPRs. They were often a parish clerk/churchwarden or some occupation connected to the church and, as such, were available - whereas family members/friends may not have been.

Boo

Offline Bvc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks. Weddings were obviously very different then to todays extravaganzas.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 14:48 BST (UK) »
I scanned for ages looking through Earsdon Bishops transcripts and found no clues, went on ancestry and they popped up as non conformist baptisms of the children, have you any idea where these took place
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Bvc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 30 March 23 14:46 BST (UK) »
Margaret was baptised in 1800 in Hartley. The only non conformist church I can find there is Presbyterian. Jane who was born in 1804 and died in 1811 is just recorded and Non Conformist. Earsdon itself had a Methodist church and Seaton Sluice does not appear.
Thanks for taking this trouble.