Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 19th March  (Read 2286 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 19th March
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 10:10 GMT (UK) »
After a really nice day yesterday it is pouring  with rain this morning, my friend mowed her lawn yesterday but i wasn't really up to it, shame as if has to look scruffy till it dries out .

As predicted I suppose my husband has caught whatever I have had,  2 negatives as I said before, he will test but I think it is a heavy cold or a mini flu.

Not a lot going on, got to concentrate on the  paperwork for my accident, how do I know what speed I  was doing going around   a roundabout  to the first exit but I do know the other driver was doing  a reckless speed.

Hope everyone who is feeling down suffering from Covid is now what I call, on the up and up.

Take  care

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear you're getting better Annette and LM.

Lovely pics of the children.

I cut my back lawn on Sunday, looks much better. I'd done the front one previously. Too cold for any gardening today but the first green bin collection is due tomorrow, mine is full of trimmings from shrubs and dead stuff. Crocuses and hyacinths in flower but only a couple of daffs so far, I suppose the different varieties come out at different times.

This morning I rang the doctor's surgery to try and make an appointment for a well woman checkup, the nurse had told me about a year ago that I'd be able to do so in a year. Apparently they're not doing them any more. I'm a great believer in preventative medicine so was disappointed to hear that. I realise that the NHS is under a lot of pressure but it seems a shame that we can't do something about avoiding potential future problems.

On a more positive note, I phoned this afternoon to renegotiate a broadband contract, mine expired about four years ago and as they're all about to bump up prices again it spurred me on to do something about it. I got £20 per month off my bill.  :D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 March 23 20:33 GMT (UK) »
I am not getting notifications of new posts.

Sorry if I seem disinterested , but I only find out in unread posts.

Glad some improvement for Annette and L.M.

My it hen scales need a new battery,I was hanging washing out when the daughter of my lovely neighbour ( who is still in hospital) came from the hose to the bins.
I spoke and asked how her Mum was,- no change- .
I said I was off to get new battery and would her a card fir her Mum.
She said there were some good scales in her Mum’s kitchen I could have .
Lovely Salter scales ,I thanked her and said how I would treasure them ,we got a bit upset , but her mum is warm ,comfy and not alone so we felt it was better where she was.
I am looking forward to visiting when possible.

Had cheese and onion pie and cauliflower with cheese sauce.
I remembered an old tip and put a squeeze of lemon juice in with the cauli ,it was really nice not such a strong flavour .

Three changes of weather today ,bright early morning ,snow later ,torrential rain and then bright sunshine late afternoon.

My kitchen blind is being a pain, the shop that put them in for me have a stall on Bury Market , market day tomorrow so it is only narrow,one half of a pair at the French Window, so if I take it they might loosen it for me.

No news really, son not negative yet, but not going anywhere.

Well ,watching naughty dogs , Graeme Hall is amazing ,he sorts things out seemingly very quickly.

Time for a cuppa after the dog programme ,then a bath ( clean bedding .)
Cheerio and look after yourselves,thanks forthe news and photographs and hope things end well for those with worries.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Crumbs Roobarb your garden scheme starts early! Ours doesn't start until April and I haven't thought about grass cutting yet! Plus the grass is wet from hailstones and snow. I'll need to scarily first. The bin is in the garage currently where it lives for the winter and I've been putting the pruning and tidying up in there , however I need to get out and do more,  once the weather decides to stay dry for more than 20 minutes at a time. We have loads of weeds in the borders too. I'm looking forward to tidying it all up. 
North East of England

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Having just ad a pacemaker fitted yesterday, I'm looking forward to getting enough energy to actually DO some gardening soon!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Well son seems to have had a relapse—- feels really rough this morning after a bad night.He was feeling much better ,but being a man has probably stopped all the paracetamols and cough medicine !
I am not asking ,it is up to him!

I need to go to the market today, but sleet and snow again this morning .
However there is not much walking about in the cold ,mostly under cover .
The market is accessed directly off the bus through a tunnel under the road then through the market hall to the shopping mall.

I must make a list or I will surely forget something.

Big birds in the garden this morning ,Magpies and some rooks I think .

Dustbin not emotird last week ,special collection yesterday but not all, including mine ,emptied.
The binmen decant from one bin to another,so the street is now littered with plastic waste from the collection ,why it is not picked up by those who drop it,
ie, the bin men , I do not know!
Well low battery so must hie me  hence!
Cheerio folks, look after yourselves ,I intend to -that includes you TY ,hope it makes you feel a good deal better.

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Well done TY,  just in time for spring,  you will  feel a new person..

It really is annoying  when the dustman decant  one bin into another and  refuse goes flying about, my neighbour and I share a green bin, I often tell her on collection days to put her plastic bag into mine,  or vica verca, we use bags to keep them clean.

Oh dear Viktoria,  so sorry to hear your son is not so good,  seems to be a long time, we had it for 11 days till we got  negative last year.

Noticed  as I popped to the little shop that the council was cutting the grass verge, surprising as we had a lot of rain yesterday, I  am not in a fit state to mow my lawn yet, perhaps a couple of days, anyway it is to cold today.

Am on the lookout for a replacement car just in case it doesn't go my way, it  should but it might be the cost involved, always had one made in Dagenham as my husband was a senior engineer in the same company  but we only ever had a brand new car once,  a Mondeo, it just died on us recently and seems as if it has to go where faithful cars go to at the end of their life, very  low mileage for a W reg car  mine is a Fusion and it just suits me fine as it is a bit higher,  decisions decisions.

Keep warm and safe

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 19:25 GMT (UK) »
TY glad to hear you’ve had your procedure done. Hope you feel much better than you have been feeling.
LM if the need arises, can you still buy recent ish second hand fusions,  or did they stop making them too long ago?  I have a fiesta and they’re stopping making them very shortly .
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 15 March 23 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Fusions ceased I would say about 2015  but I think they still sold them in America,  mine is an 09  reg and very  low mileage, had it since it was 2 years when there was about 3000 on the clock,   not sure what we are going to do as yet, I do not want a new one, when we both feel better we will go and have a look

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London