Author Topic: Windows 11  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 11
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 April 23 11:03 BST (UK) »
Look under Settings, System, Notifications. You can turn all sorts off there.

I have done that, thank you, but "Elevate your productivity with Microsoft 365" keeps appearing on the screen at the beginning.

Online F1fan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 17 April 23 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Joy,

Is this the one you have tried ?

The “Let’s Finish Setting Up Your Device” message generally appears after you install an update and restarted your computer. It shows a message reminding you to “Finish Setting Up Your Device.” Windows stresses that you haven’t set up Windows Hello, Office 365, OneDrive, linked your phone to your PC, or synchronized your activity data between Windows PCs

Shut Off Reminders on Windows 11

The toggle to disable the reminder is also located in the Settings app on Windows 11. If you want to navigate there, go to Settings > System > Notifications.

You can also get there directly. Click the Start button, type “Notifications” in the search bar, and then hit Enter or click “Open.”

The Notifications page in the Settings app lets you control which applications can send you notifications.

Scroll all the way to the bottom. You’ll see two options: “Offer Suggestions on How I Can Set Up My Device” and “Get Tips and Suggestions When I Use Windows.”

Untick “Offer Suggestions on How I Can Set Up My Device.”

That pesky popup shouldn’t bother you anymore, though it is possible future Windows updates will re-enable it.
Sawyer, Rutty - Wiltshire
Double - Suffolk
Templeman - Nottinghamshire
Senior, Blakeb(o)rough - Yorkshire

Offline Joy Dean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 April 23 14:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you. Yes, that's the one. I disabled other things but I hadn't noticed the Additional Settings right at the end. I have unticked the three things in that.