Author Topic: SALT/GROVESChesterfield around 1915  (Read 165 times)

Offline ValJJJ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
SALT/GROVESChesterfield around 1915
« on: Tuesday 14 March 23 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello

This relates to a family studio photo that I posted on this thread asking about the possible date. https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=776816.msg6305442#msg6305442  The only clue was the soldier's uniform, which was 1915+

Having made contact with Kirk surname researchers, I've drawn a blank, so wonder now if it is the Salt family of Chesterfield.  Are there any SALT researchers here?

Annie Elizabeth Salt (1863-?) married Richard Kirk in July 1886 in Brampton, Chesterfield, Derbys. Their family situation was dysfunctional and I can't make any of the adults or offspring fit this photo.

I haven't done a great deal of research into the Salt family but have found her brother Samuel (1852-) who married Elizabeth Ward Marshall in 1876 in Chesterfield, and sister Hannah (1854-) who married Henry Groves in 1871 in Chesterfield. 

The three children's parents were James Salt and Sarah nee MacDonald/McDonald (1826-1899).

I'm wondering if this family is of some combination of Salts/Groves or one or other family?

Thanks for reading.

Val
Crook, Bannister, Warren