Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th March  (Read 3070 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 26th March
« on: Monday 20 March 23 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Folks
I am having a can't sleep night so am putting my time to good use, don't know what the weather is doing it is pitch black at the moment

Clocks change this week, hopefully the weather will improve but it is still only March, I am hoping to get out into the garden, because of the coronation I was going to put bedding plants in nearest I could get to red white and blue, they won't be in full bloom for 1st week in May so I might rethink my plan

Talking about Coronation I have not heard of 1 street party locally, 1977 I along with a few others on a committee  had a fantastic day for the children but it seems interest has waned somewhat.

Happy week to you all

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th March
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 March 23 07:34 GMT (UK) »
I hope you managed to catch up with a bit of kip, LM, our clocks will change in a fortnight and days are noticeably closing in and slightly cooler mornings but enjoying some very nice days early Autumn. Not a happy coincidence with you and your twin having prangs just a couple of days apart, thankfully no injuries.

It's World Oral Health Day today apparently, talk of visits to dentists on a morning show and news with percentage of numbers unable to afford it. I had another piece break from lower molar/temporary crown over the weekend, same one had a quick patch up last Monday morning when I had a permanent crown fixed above it. I'm having to book in an hour appointment again to start the same process for this one, the temporary crowns have been cheaper composites and the few I've had lasted me longer than expected really. My first proper crown lasted me 50 years, went in with my broken vintage porcelain and had several appointments getting that replaced just before the first lockdown restrictions, don't expect that and the latest porcelain one to see another half century!

Visit early this afternoon from guests we had staying for 10 weeks, they are in a new temporary social housing complex now and not really preferred option but area is OK, demand for affordable rentals and housing is high and they definitely qualify for assistance but are unfamiliar with process. They picked up the key a fortnight ago and the day before the census night, having talked that through with them in preparation I had to do the vacant dwelling one along with ours after all.
They weren't given individual papers on the night but hopefully all sorted for them, have seen several reminders in neighbouring boxes as follow up as still time to do it and extra time for those displaced by recent flooding.

Pleased to see your son now testing negative Viktoria and a bit of family time together for Mothering Sunday, and that others were included in being recognised on the day, good news TY too that this surgery will now see some activities quietly returning and all the best with that.

Expecting family to stay for a few days end of this week, roads still a bit restricted in places with ongoing repairs needed in several areas after washouts and having to allow extra time for reduced speed or detours. Very early medical appointment Friday morning, so staying here overnight beforehand makes sense and we'll be enjoying delayed cuddles with the granddaughters and some babysitting.

Have a good week.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 March 23 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Morning LM and Mare
Hope you got some sleep eventually LM and that Mare is tucked up now ( I think ).
Well the tv says it’s now officially spring and sure enough the council gardeners have arrived on our estate and are cutting the grass areas which they cut. The grass is still very wet up here so it’s messy but it’s had its first haircut.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 March 23 08:59 GMT (UK) »
It is I think " International day of happiness",  that's a new one on me, with the gloomy weather it doesn't bode with happiness,  should have picked a later date.

Yes, first day of spring, doesn't seem like it but hopefully it will improve, mind you if it gets to  30 degrees I will  be complaining, never happy but a steady  20/25   would suit me fine.

As a matter of interest have any R C ers got a water meter,  there are 2 of us in our house, I have done a comparison, doesn't look as if I will  save very much, wonder if it is worth changing it over?.

No washing out today, ah well, no washing  machine running then.

No Mare, I didn't catch up on my sleep, hopefully a better night tonight. Enjoy your  week with your family.

Take care

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 March 23 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Changed to a water meter when there were only two of us some years ago LM, it made a big saving. Now I am on my own it is even cheaper.

First day of Spring tomorrow, the only consolation of being another year older today is that it’s the last day of Winter. I just wish someone would tell the weather. ;D
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 March 23 09:43 GMT (UK) »
World Oral Health Day and International Day of Happiness  - who on earth comes up with these things and decides on behalf of the whole world when it is? We're constantly being told it's world something or other day, I ignore them all apart from the few such as International Women's Day that are genuinely recognised.

Can't really complain about the weather these last few days, it's been very mild and set to continue at about 12 degrees this week. It'll be lovely having the lighter nights, despite it throwing my body clock out of kilter for a while.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 March 23 10:41 GMT (UK) »
First day of Spring tomorrow, the only consolation of being another year older today is that it’s the last day of Winter. I just wish someone would tell the weather. ;D

According to my diary, and calendar, it's the First Day of Spring today ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 March 23 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Radio  contradicted  itself, pick which day you want but it certainly doesn't look or feel like spring today, perhaps tomorrow

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 March 23 10:53 GMT (UK) »
According to the Met Office winter began 21st. December 2022 ending today 20th. March 2023.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.