Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 26th March  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 26th March
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 10:45 GMT (UK) »
RTL, I don't think you should feel obliged to do jogging just because that was the form of exercise she suggested, you can improve your fitness levels by things such as brisk walking. I think it's more a case of doing some dedicated exercise although you do seem to do plenty in your daily life. I found this article that you might find interesting:

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/health-wellbeing/exercise-fitness/jogging-vs-walking

I hope it's some help to you, I hate to think of you getting so stressed out. I agree with the others that it may well be a case of white coat syndrome that's causing the higher reading. Don't suppose your workplace has a blood pressure machine you could use?

I hope you soon feel more relaxed.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the article Roobarb.  Yes, that does look very interesting.  Brisk walking does sound like a good option.  On Friday gone, I had a back shift and I was in a shopping centre in the morning.  I did decide to give very rigorous walking  for about 3 minutes a go and I dashed about like mad.  I didn't find it very pleasant but I did experience a relaxed feeling afterwards.  Maybe I just have to get accustomed to doing short bursts of this type of thing.  No we don't have a machine at work I could use.
I initially felt a bit dismayed when pharmacist lady at the library mentioned lifestyle changes and jogging.  I have already stopped buying crisps and biscuits and eat somewhat healthier on account of cholesterol.  And I do an awful lot of walking at work to the point I am almost on my knees at home time.  Saturday for instance, in my care role at work, I was on my feet walking about for the best part of 12 hours.  Come Sunday, I felt totally depleted, drained exhausted.  And the young lady at the library says do a bit more. ::) Yes, it is probably for my own good I should try to do a bit more and I do intend to try to.
It has brought back a memory from long ago.  I was about age 6 or so, and we had been doing a lot of exercise classes at school.  You know, bend down touch your toes, press ups, that sort of thing.  One day I thought to myself, I never see Mammy do any exercises.  So I went to her, very well meaning and said "Mammy, I think you should be doing some exercises".  Well, my Mother was an older Mother as I was the youngest born late in her life and she was constantly on the go working in the home.  I remember she looked at me very crossly and said "Do you not think I get enough bl**dy exercise!"
Eeh!  It makes me laugh now to think of it! ;D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 13:44 GMT (UK) »
The postie has probably been now LM; hopefully you might have heard from assessor?  Or if not today, it will be soon.  You are doing well coping with all this waiting.  Hope this will be all over and done with for you soon, LM. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you RTL, apparently they are busy but we haven't had bad weather that would cause people to be slip sliding  all over the place.
My car is driveable and a couple of friends said "where's the damage", it doesn't  look to badly damaged but it is an 09 reg,  I suspect the repairs might cost more than the car is worth, worth a great deal to me, 40k on the clock and looked after , I really don't want to go to all the trouble  of looking for another car, we bought it when it was 18 months old,  I won't be buying one of 2 years old, don't see why I should be out of pocket  by  so  much, still RTL  as I have said all along no injuries. .

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that is the most important thing that there were no injuries.
I hope any repairs needed will be small and affordable and that you are able to keep this car you like so much.
It really doesn't seem fair you are having to go through all this.  I hope it all works out favourably in the end.  :)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you RTL.
LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 20:05 GMT (UK) »
I do not like change , much prefer to have things the same ,so to change car would really floor me,  I am having difficulty coping with a new vac!

Hope it gets sorted soon,and RTL,hope your next BP test is OK.

Drop your shoulders RTL, and breathe deeply , it will be better.
Arrive in good time so you can sit quietly for a good few minutes.
It can always be done  again, sodon’t worry.
Cheerio .
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 20:43 GMT (UK) »
I agree Viktoria   I'm a creature of habit, I don't  want a new car with gizmos I don't know what to do with , been out looking at cars today, I am going  to be well out of pocket, but I keep telling myself, no pockets in shrouds  and I can't take it with me.

Good advice to RTL,  arrive cool calm and collected.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 20:51 GMT (UK) »
I am a creature of habit too, so sympathise about possibility of getting new car.  I do hope it won't come to this.  It sounds like you are like my SiL always focussing on the bright side of things. :)  I do hope you can get old car restored somehow.

Thanks Viktoria, I will definitely follow your advice. :) I had never thought of dropping shoulders  but it does make sense to loosen up tensed shoulders.