Author Topic: Francis Hunter 1806-1876  (Read 549 times)

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Hunter 1806-1876
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 23:00 BST (UK) »
Regarding your newer post understandably you might seem a little annoyed at not receiving a reply back, although petty, it doesn’t cost a lot to say ‘thank you’. However,.. you know what actually, I just wrote a whole thing about the reason why but then realised I don’t need to explain myself to anyone on why I failed to report back with questions or appreciations. The world does not revolve around Rootschat and things happen in peoples lives.
And as for your ‘I see no point in posting further information’ think it’s best for all if you don’t reply back with all due respect.

Andrewp91, Your rudeness / insulting reply is on display for all to see.
I did NOT contact you via private message. I did NOT ask for a reply, NOR did I ever request a reason for your lack of response.
What I DID DO, was respond to your request for assistance, by willingly spending a large part of a day researching your family for you, and responding to your particular questions.
Your hostility towards me is totally unwarranted.

Thank you for also finding the information that I had regarding a William and Sarah Thompson, not sure how you managed to select these two people as the being the definite people considering there does not seem to be a record showing Francis’s mother anywhere and with a name like William Hunter, I’m sure there probably been many families around at a similar time. (Hence the reason I was asking for some proof of the parents).

You are quite free to disregard my research, as you seem to have contrary information from all the other contributors here on this thread. Had you been able to engage in logical, mature and respectful discussion, I would have been happy to demonstrate the proof of parentage.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline andrewp91

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 23:13 BST (UK) »
Considering I’ve had a few messages of support and concern from users saying my comment was fair in a challenging way and asking if everything is okay, I think I’m more than happy to keep my comments visible.

Who said you private messaged me? Who asked if you wanted to reply to you?
I see no correlation into what you are saying there...

You forgot to mention what you DID DO was you ‘added extra comments’ which were RUDE, argumentative and unhelpful. There was absolutely no reason for you to write that. It was 5 days from your post til your extra comments.
Your later comment where you state that I have no interest in my on family posts is extremely disgusting. You had absolute zero right to say that when you have no idea in what is going on in other peoples lives.

As I mentioned before, there is an awful lot more to deal with at the moment, none of it is your personal business, whilst I originally was going to share with you why, I then realised the way in writing you was using was very negative and distasteful. As mentioned, there are reason for why I had to put this on the back foot.

Had you added ‘extra comments’ that would have helpful in a respectful way you may have had a much better more considerate response. You cannot claim you are innocent in this. And neither can I (as I did not come back with questions or appreciation within the 5 days of you posting till now), however I was not the one to add silly comments about showing lack of interests.

I asked you politely once before to not respond to this as you clearly know how to play people and manipulate situations.

I have thanked you and and now I kindly request ONCE AGAIN to please not respond to this. It will be a form of harassment if you do as clearly you want to try and antagonise
Thank you.

Andrewp91, Your rudeness / insulting reply is on display for all to see.
I did NOT contact you via private message. I did NOT ask for a reply, NOR did I ever request a reason for your lack of response.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 19:53 BST (UK) »
it doesn’t cost a lot to say ‘thank you’.
Quite so Andrew totally agree it does not take long to say "Thank you" two little words. Sadly all your other words you chose to use were used to cause upset and offense I do not understand why you would want to cause someone who was helping you so much upset ?

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk