Author Topic: Welsh/Welch/Boyd and Parker families from the Newtownards area.  (Read 286 times)

Offline nicolamiller

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Welsh/Welch/Boyd and Parker families from the Newtownards area.
« on: Wednesday 22 March 23 09:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm currently searching for my Irish ancestors and I've hit a brick wall. I've got as far back as Stewart Welsh (born in 1841 in Newtownards) who died on 25th June 1915 in Annan, Scotland. He married Mary Ann Parker (born in 1843 in Newtownards) on the 29th of December 1863. They had 6 children all born in the Newtownards area and then 1 in Annan, Dumfrieshire. As far as I can tell they moved to Scotland between 1875 and 1877, I got this information from their children's birth certificates.

Stewart Welsh's father is William John Welsh or Welch and Eliza Mogue or Magee (I cannot make out her maiden name on Stewart's wedding certificate. Mary Ann Parker's mother is Martha Boyd and her father is Joseph Boyd according to her death certificate.

I have tried searching on Ancestry (paid subscription) FamilySearch and Irish Genealogy.ie. I searched the church records for Stewart and Mary Ann on IrishGeneology.ie with no luck.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh/Welch/Boyd and Parker families from the Newtownards area.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 March 23 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline sam.b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline nicolamiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 March 23 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the replies. I have the births of all of the children and I should have mentioned that in my original post, I'm sorry! I have searched the Newtownards History site too and have not managed to get any further. Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Offline DonaldWelsh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 March 24 08:05 BST (UK) »
I connect to this line as well, I am Donald Welsh, my father is James welsh, his father was John George Welsh, his father Stewart Welsh born Newtonards