Author Topic: Thomas F Watkins  (Read 701 times)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas F Watkins
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 March 23 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Info.

Thomas Francis Watkins 2nd wife's death

June Catherine Watkins
2 Jun 1928   Oct 2004       Torbay   Devon

They had a daughter born 1956 Cardiff

John

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 March 23 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone and thank you for your replies.

I continued to look at Ancestry (at the library) though I do have Find my past. It does seem that Thomas Francis Watkins was born in Australia. He has an Australian war record giving his marriage to Jane Elizabeth Jones as well as his mother's name. Apparently they had two sons so this makes me wonder if one of them is the father to my Francis A Watkins. However the GRO say Nora Ibbotson and Thomas F Watkins are his parents and neither of his sons were called Thomas and Jane didn't die until 1958. Also Francis A Watkins is the only one born in St Asaph. His parents divorced and as shown in replies she went on to marry D P Bayley.

This is why i'm not sure if the Australian Thomas Francis Watkins is correct. It just happens there is a Francis Allen Watkins born in 1945 in the same plot.

Once again thank you for all your help. I need to go through the replies again... check on 2nd marriages etc.

Thanks

Rotosis
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 March 23 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Birth of Thomas Francis Watkins in Queensland Australia.

Thomas Francis Watkins
Event date: 21/09/1922
Event type: Birth registration
Registration details: 1922/C/11978
Mother: Jane Elizabeth Jones
Father/parent: Samuel Francis Watkins

Quote from your last post"

"I continued to look at Ancestry (at the library) though I do have Find my past. It does seem that Thomas Francis Watkins was born in Australia. He has an Australian war record giving his marriage to Jane Elizabeth Jones as well as his mother's name.

Thomas did NOT marry Jane Elizabeth Jones in 1919, it was his father Samuel Francis Watkins who married Jane Elizabeth.

Now we have an exact dob for Thomas Francis birth in Australia we can rule out that it is not him who married Nora Ibbotson as their dob's are approx 6 years apart.

Thomas Francis born Australia probably did die in 2021. Cannot find him in 1939 though, may have enlisted?

Will continue to search, however I strongly believe the Watkins/Ibbotson son born in 1945 is the said Francis Allen Watkins buried aged 62.

John

added, from quote

Apparently they had two sons so this makes me wonder if one of them is the father to my Francis A Watkins.

Who had 2 sons

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 March 23 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

Yeah sorry I got Samuel and Thomas mixed up there. I know Samuel married Jane... oops.

How or where did you find the birth? I looked in Queensland BMD and all the other states and couldn't find it. I know how you found it now. You put in both forenames. Other sites usually bring up both names in results apparently Queensland doesn't I checked on the off chance due to finding a family tree stating he was born in 1921 in Australia. Needless to say. Thank you for finding the birth registration :)

There is a marriage of his parents in the Uk and nothing in Queensland. However, I did find a couple of births for Jane Elizabeth Jones, though not of the year dates match her headstone. Meaning the one I found in the UK maybe hers.

Back to the army records and see what I can work out date wise.

Thank you for all your help

Rotosis
Wifes side    
Bayley (Wem & Chester & Canada), Davies(Llandgela), Price (Shropshire), Evans, Healey (Sligo Ireland) Harrison (Cheshire), Brereton (Haslington, Cheshire), Ford (Mow Cop/Haslington, Cheshire)

Husbands side
Plaisted (London UK, Australia & New Zealand), Gillbanks (England to New Zealand) Ridley (Kent to New Zealand) Gordon (Perth Scotland to New Zealand), Hill (Antrim Ireland to New Zealand) Alfuth/Alford (Kokoszki, Poland to New Zealand) Hoppy (Germany? to New Zealand)

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas F Watkins SORTED with THANKS
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 March 23 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hi folks

All done and sorted. Thanks to everyone and John Hood... He found the birth registration. It seems Queensland needs both forenames to find a person... where other sites don't.

All the dots now connect and It seems Francis A Watkins (half-cousin) is buried with his grandparents.

Thanks all

Rotosis
Wifes side    

Husbands side

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 07:45 BST (UK) »
To all who read this post. I want to apologies for some of my research re this post. I made an assumption, run with it, came to the wrong result. Thomas Francis Watkins born 1922 Australia did marry Nora Ibbotson. They had a son 1945. Parents then separate. He did not remarry in 1954

The 1954 marriage was the Thomas Francis Watkins born 1916.

As they say "lessons learnt"

John

Offline rotosis

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas F Watkins - SOLVED AND CLOSED WITH THANKS
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 May 23 04:33 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

Thank you for your help. Mystery solved. I now have the marriage certificate for Thomas Francis Watkins who married my Aunt Nora. 

The headstone I found is correct.

Happy and another part of the tree is finished, other than contacting any children their son had.

Thank you again.

Rotosis
Wifes side    

Husbands side