Author Topic: Parson of Branston church  (Read 236 times)

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Parson of Branston church
« on: Friday 24 March 23 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks, can anyone help? Re: the Parson of Branston church "Robert Ansley" 1522
I have the will of a priest from Lincoln d.1522 in it he leaves money to the church of Braunceton which I understand to be Branston a few miles south of Lincoln, he also mentions the parson/priest as Robert Ansley. can anyone confirm this is correct?

Thanks, Nigel
Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parson of Branston church
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 March 23 10:25 GMT (UK) »
It's just a bit too early for the CCED database to be likely to be useful. I did have a look - no mention of Robert Ansley, but CCED starts from 1540.
Worth trying the church's own website; also worth a look at Alumni Oxonienses and Alumni Cantabrigienses as the alumni are often but not always identified as being the vicar or rector of a parish.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline Speedway ace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Parson of Branston church
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 09:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestions :)  Nigel
Plankney, Copcott, Hampton, Crant, Johnson Baynham, Lyghtfote, Southwick, Legate and others in England & Calais (France)