Author Topic: Donald Campbell  (Read 168 times)

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donald Campbell
« on: Sunday 26 March 23 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hello, I know this is a long shot but.......
I got my relatives service record and have been trying to find a picture of him, I wonder if anyone in London might remember him?
Born at Wembley in 1922, Donald Campbell joined the RAMC in 1939 and left in 1962. His final career trade was  Env Health Assistant Class 1. His death certificate 1976 just says he was a clerk and lived at Ridgmont Gardens W1. He was cremated at Colchester by an old family friend. I think he was a civil servant but no proof. Thank you
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Campbell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 March 23 14:39 BST (UK) »
He didn't leave a will but administration was granted 2.2.1977 - he left just over £4,000. 

I'm guessing he never married and he appears to have been an only child
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 March 23 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes his money went to the friend who registered the death and arranged his funeral, I contacted his family years ago but they were very cagey, probably thought I was after his money. Thank you
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 March 23 15:08 BST (UK) »
That's right he was an only child and didn't marry. His parents had a retirement cottage at Tolleshunt Knights where he spent weekends and commuted to London to work the week. The neighbour at Tolleshunt gave a little information