Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 2nd April  (Read 2049 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 2nd April
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 19:30 BST (UK) »
He will  be a huge  loss. LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 30 March 23 06:54 BST (UK) »
Feeling the Autumn nip in the air with chill coming from the south and early snow and a dip in temps but lovely days. Beautiful yesterday for my Wednesday group to have a second outdoor activity this month and shared lunch again at a member's home, however cancelled at last minute with a gastric bug in that household and I made the most of being out and about instead of going back into the studio as some did. Fingers crossed will be lucky with postponement date as well.

Nice today too and a couple of loads of washing out before a slightly longer shopping trip than usual, weekly shop and a visit to a couple of  factory outlets for special occasion cards and gifts and another to replace worn items husband was ready to discard, good value and specials on a few of my regular trolley items as well. He's at a meeting atm and an easy dinner ready for later on, plenty to catch up with around home as well as looking in here!

Enjoyed the time with family for the 4 days they were here, busy and bit of a whirlwind. A lovely family outing and lunch on the Saturday in a nature park with a butterfly house and various birds and animals. Will be seeing them all again this weekend as we are visiting their city with a Goddaughter celebrating on Saturday for her 50th birthday next week. Venue for the 'do' is where we are staying and will get an extra hour out of our hotel booking with clocks going back overnight.

Twins are growing up so quickly, Annette, technical advancement and all. They all know how to turn on phones and devices etc so early now don't they, I remember our miss 8 trying to swipe through pictures and enlarge a photo I was showing her on my camera screen when she wasn't even 2 … but something my camera doesn't do like her mum's phone at the time.

Good to hear update re your friend's husband LM and your happier days after car and computer issues, all the best for the fete on Saturday and being chipper for that. Quite a familiar term in NZ and certainly among older folk, relates to so many from the UK having settled here I suppose, irregular usage now and understood by me to be happy and ready for action in some way.

Thank goodness you are seeing more clearly Viktoria and sounds like you're enjoying making the new sets of bedding for your great granddaughter's doll and the knitting. Have been kept occupied with making dolly things myself with granddaughters, miss 3 likes playing with her 'babies' and I've dressed some 2nd hand Barbies to add to their couple of new ones … too many toys really!. I pick up preloved books too for them and hope not doubling up as they do have a good library as well and a teacher mum.

Another week speeding by…  cheers all.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 30 March 23 09:34 BST (UK) »
Lovely News mare, yes children seem so “ wick “ —- an old Lancashire expression for quick and bright.
Our “ baby” can snap her fingers !Not two until November but knows how to get attention, Flash Harry tends to “ translate “ for her but now she stops him and clicks her fingers!

A dull day here ,I have aDr’s appt for blood tests etc at 11-15 then one for a check up which was a short time later but that has been moved to 1-10.
Not worth going home so will visit opticians as my new specs keep falling down my nose so the arms need adjusting .
All within very short distances of each other so no bother and plenty of Charity shops to “ mooch “ in to kill time.

Got two packs of Twining’s de - caf Earl Grey tea yesterday so enjoying a cup now and take could Thyroxine now and will breakfast in an hour or will breakfast now and take Thyroxine in an hour , honestly all the years I have been taking them! Mind you I still have many symptoms of low levels so I am interested to see if there is any improvement.

Son needs to go to head office tomorrow ,so a long journey ,often breaks it at an old Uni friend’s but  they have visitors so not possible this time .
He might do the long 9 hour drive or stay in a hotel part way down but not sure when the time he has to be there is.
Back Saturday and Sunday he and his older brother off to another toy fair to find bits and bobs to renovate their vast collection of Dinky, Matchbox and
Corgi cars,  ::)

A little Clematis my son gave me and I planted in a very big pot with a willow support died when the scaffolders yanked it away from the wall!
I bought a climbing California Lilac - Ceanothis - but when I started  to clear  the old soil out - there us the Clematis coming back!
So a home for the new plant to be found.

Well ,cheerio folks.
Viktoria.
Well must get a move on , hope those unwell soon feel better , and their annoying problems solved .

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 March 23 11:25 BST (UK) »
Something new for me this week  - I've been to Durham for a couple of days with a friend, my first night away from home for three and a half years. Really enjoyed it.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 30 March 23 15:04 BST (UK) »
That is nice to read Roobarb , glad you enjoyed it.
Simple things are so valuable and how many would be delighted to be able to do that .

Went to the library today ,wanted Engels’ The Conditions of The Working Class”not in - to buy hardback £78 ,paperback £18 ,so a birthday request maybe.
I have read passages. when doing History at school and college,  but not the whole book.

Sunny now but dark and rainy this morning .
Pizza for tea with salad.
I am having a nice cup of Earl Grey De caf tea.

Look  after yourselves everyone.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 30 March 23 15:15 BST (UK) »
Roobarb
 Pleased you enjoyed it, did you feel as if you had been let out for good behaviour?

Turned into quite a nice day after all, wasn't nice enough to put  washing out but think I have enough daylight hours to put the teatowels  out

Viktoria, the day or so away might do your son good and give you some time you can please yourself and eat what and when you want.
Your little one is bright,  a bright child possibly taught by her brother  they learn from siblings, like Annette's  twins.

I am very impressed with a friendly PC  who rang me to ask how we were after our supposed  B T scam, thought that was nice of her to follow it up.

Our Mondeo  "W"  reg had to be taken  away today,  a trusted car used mainly to tow our caravan, it isn't worth very much but  the  petrol pump or whatever rendered it a non goer, a few tears I must say when the truck came to collect it for a pittance, next week the Fusion will  go, then we will be car-less till I can manage to replace it, that won't  be done in a few days.

Take care

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 30 March 23 18:27 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you’ve had a good time away  Roobarb.
LM you really aren’t having much luck with cars are you. Do you have to replace the mondeo as well ?
Viktoria have you looked on places like amazon marketplace or ebay or world of books or oxfam to see if anyone has a second hand copy of the book for a much cheaper price?
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 30 March 23 19:43 BST (UK) »
Well it sounds just like the Candleflame,  the Mondeo we used to tow the caravan with, we sold the caravan a couple of years ago but my husband  decided to keep the car, a really nice dark blue one, in very good condition and low mileage, but then the petrol pump died and it wouldn't start, so he decided to get rid of it, would cost us more to repair than it was worth, I  was sorry because it has gone to be "squashed" , my Fusion is another story as you have heard.
My daughter is lending us  her car  but I can't be on the insurance  because of the problems I am having with my own insurance settlement, so I can't drive, its all happening here???
We will be a one car couple now, it will  be just fine,  I went in the opposite direction to him when working so it was convenient

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 31 March 23 08:34 BST (UK) »
A very dull morning , been up since about 5am, don't  think I will last the day but I have to pull my socks up to go to the church hall to prepare for tomorrow's Easter Fayre, no longer called a bazaar, All we need tomorrow  is people over the threshold to make some money for the church coffers, it is hard work but rewarding if it is a nice day and nice people, unfortunately all of the fund raising team are over 75, oldest one being 88, but all of us will most likely carry on till we can't any longer,

Have a nice day folks

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London