Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 2nd April  (Read 2048 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 2nd April
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 09:11 BST (UK) »
Well as you can imagine I did not stay quiet !
Nothing controversial ,the theme was “ inclusivity” how Jesus preached to all who would listen and included other people than only Jews in his talks,sermons what ever we call his speeches at the gatherings he attracted.

How we were all one people really, did not always get on but how we needed each other.Did we agree, so I said “ Yes” .

He is witty and does not preach from the pulpit but at the chancel steps ,it feels much friendlier .
The Sunday School children come in afterwards and he looks at their work, drawings ,models etc and the Birthday hat comes out for a child with a B/day the coming week.
He has been known to do a partial striptease! Well vestments removed , to make a point .We cheeky old ladies told him he had chickened out!

Our organist is very young ,following on from a wonderful man who was our organist for 64 years ,I always thank the organist as they play something really lovely after the service ,either on the organ or a piano .
The organ is special, came from Brompton Oratory. WOW! It makes the church vibrate .Loosens your fillings!

It is a nice friendly Church with coffee etc afterwards ,we are to do a Jacob’s Feast at the Coronation time ,so that will be something to look forward to.
It has altered, more inclusive now , with new people, in days of yore if your parents and grandparents had not been baptised and married there you were persona non grata , I am not sure how many years you had to attend ,how many cakes you baked ,or hours on white elephant stalls before you were accepted , but very different now, always remembering that those people kept it going so it is still here for us.

It was quite sad on Sunday , so many of “ The Old Brigade “ have died in the past few years and with Covid , funerals almost private really .
Sad we could not give our condolences at the time ,but a monetary gift in their name will go some way to show appreciation for their lifelong efforts.
That is my personal take on it ,it is up to others what they feel is appropriate.

Well gas fire man here this morning so get my skates on and sort out these flipping tablets ,Lansoprazole,half an hour before eating Thyroxin an hour away from breakfast ,with no caffein according to the Suffolk pharmacy near my daughter for half an hour!before or after. ???
Right ,off to work I go ,hope you all have a satisfactory day.
Cheerio, Viktoria.

P.S , at the “ striptease” all we old ladies did refrain from shouting
 “ gerremoff “ !

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 09:26 BST (UK) »
Had such a nice day out yesterday with  my friend, she is the one whose husband got knocked down on tbe zebra crossing, he is so much better but as my dear friend said, he is  not the same man, but I am sure given time he will bounce back, still early days,

So after beautiful weather yesterday it is dull wet and miserable, but I am not complaining, just thankful it was so nice yesterday

Well, had an offer on my car through the insurance, much better than I thought but it still means I have to go out and look for another car,  got to make the decision,  also got to find out if they deem it was  fault, it wasn't  but the way it is written in the letter there is an "If", in my opinion, no ifs or butt's, it was not my fault.

Victoria, I take my thyroxine  with  my coffee at breakfast.

Well  better jump to it and get a move on,  have a nice day.

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 09:37 BST (UK) »
I am just having a decaffeinated coffee , will do a few jobs then eat .
I have never really read the instructions with the tablets , have done yesterday - nothing about caffein but did say an hour away from breakfast .
I think I will take them upstairs to have ,like Lansoprazole .
That  also needs a time gap before eating.I lie abed contemplating the coming day so why not take them then.

Dreadfully wet here , cold and dark ,such a difference from yesterday.
Cheerio , hoping things come REALLY right re your car LouisaM.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 19:14 BST (UK) »
Turned a bit better pm, asked  my neighbour in with her husband , she was my passenger, had  really nice  happy few hours.

My lovely  Fusion to  be collected in 3 to 5 working days,  I hope I can delay collection till Monday ,I might  need a hankie,  church Easter fete on Saturday, I can  but  hope

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 20:00 BST (UK) »
Rained all day here L.M.
Gas fire man did not come yesterday ,phoned to ask if he could do it today ,I said yes but morning as I needed to go out this afternoon .
Waited all morning ,changed my mind re going out as weather was so bad but he did not come at all .
I am at a loss . A big mystery what to do, I have insurance with D&G,he said parts were not available as the fire was obsolete. I phoned the manufacturer and guess what ,they are still making them and all parts available!

Finished a knitted blanket for Kyra’s dolly’s pram.
Will make some little sheets and a quilt.First a piece of foam from Bury Market for a mattress and pillow .
This is the third lot of pram bedding I have made, for my daughter, grand daughter, and now great grand daughter.
Plus some for the home corner at school.
I think it would be fun to also make a cardigan for the dolly I will make in the same wool as the one I am knitting for  Kyra.
I am really enjoying seeing more clearly .

Hope everyone is alright, I can understand Louisa - loved car going away .
Hope you find one you like L.

Cheerio folks, almost Easter, hope the holiday weekend is good , people need a nice break .
Viktoria.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 13:08 BST (UK) »
Paul O’Grady has died, “ Lily Savage”, what a lorra lorra laughs he gave us!

The Queen Consort has already paid tribute to his kind spirit.
So funny and so kind with his voluntary work at Battersea Dog’s Home.

Hope they re run Blankety Blank , if I had known Lily dressed from Littlewoods ‘catalogue I would have got one!
Viktoria,

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 15:19 BST (UK) »
Loved Paul, used to listen to his Sunday afternoon show on radio 2 when travelling back from visiting mum. RIP Paul, whatever will you and Cilla be getting up to now.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 15:39 BST (UK) »
Yes, very sad and not that old , I preferred  him after he got rid of Lily Savage,  he did wonders for  animals and was a kind man
RIP  Paul

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 19:11 BST (UK) »
Yes it was sad news this morning. He’d been up here starring in Annie the musical only recently.
North East of England