Author Topic: Charles Thomas Ware  (Read 579 times)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Thomas Ware
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy

Just checked it has  definitely been sent and not been returned  ??? PM me your address again
I don't think Charles and Margaret had a family on probate record for Charles the Wight family are mentioned I'm assuming a connection to Alexander Wight and Isabella Riddell ?

Rosie

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 16:46 BST (UK) »

I think this is a possibility might be worth checking on SP 1911 census Charles Thomas Fare ? and a Margaret Fare in Largs Ayr

On Valuation Records Charles Thomas Ware 1905/1915 House Burnside Largs Ayr 

Rosie

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 March 23 19:18 BST (UK) »

Thanks, Rosie
I am working my way through the info and I will get back to you soon.
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 07:40 BST (UK) »
Morning Rosie

Alexander Wight (jnr) nephew to Margaret Ware was the eldest of six children born to Alexander Wight (Snr), schoolmaster, and Isabella Connelly. On the 1901 census, the family were residing at Macmerry schoolhouse where Alexander (snr) age 42 was the schoolmaster, Isabella his wife age 33 born Kilarrow, Argyle, with Alexander (6), Isabella C (4), Peter C (3) Maggie W (1) and Mary S age 2 months.  Alexander (Snr) died in 1907. In 1911, Isabella Wight (Connelly), widow, 43, at Gladsmuir schoolhouse, occupation given as Inspector of Poor, parish council. Her birthplace Bowmore, Argyle.  With children named below with added details known at this time. 

Alexander Wight Jnr born 1894, age 16, occupation Joiners apprentice.   Would like to know more about him, where he was living at the time of Charles Ware’s probate etc      

Isabella Connelly Riddell Wight 1896 – SP possible d. 1981 Alloa age 84

Peter Connelly Wight 1897-1982. Served in WW1 - Sgt Wight 9348 Tank Corps awarded MM. Married Anna Pfaff date and place unknown.  They had two sons, Donald Alexander Wight b. 1930 Brentford and William John Wight b. 1934 Brentford.

Margaret Elizabeth Ware Wight 1899- SP possible d. 1984 Alloa age 73.   Known as Betty.  There are numerous newspaper snippets on her at MacMerry Studio, East Lothian but unfortunately, I do not have a conscription.  However, I have found an interesting blog (Bathgate Old Times, on Catherine Blair, which mentions Betty Wight was her chief assistant at Glen House Studio, North Berwick.   She hand-painted pottery.

Mary Stewart Wight 1901-unknown married 4 June 1923 to James Ross at St Andrews Church, Tranent

Janet Wight 1902-unknown, aka Jennie, she married Leslie Robert Coxall, catering master, Muirhead clubhouse, Gullane on 7 Sept 1943 at Innerwick church.  At the time of marriage, she resided at Kennet village with her occupation State Registered Nurse – no other details.   

Cheers, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 08:21 BST (UK) »
Re Alexander Wight jnr

Believe he may have married Jessie E Connelly in 1934 West Ham. Appears with her in 1939 war register in Chiselhurst Kent (occupation Carpenter).

Possible death's
Deaths 1985   
WIGHT    ALEXANDER    28JE1894    GRAVESEND    16   953   

Probate record with administration image on Anc*

Deaths 1984 

WIGHT    JESSIE    13JA1902    BEXLEY    11   369

DOB's match 1939 war register for both

No children found.

John

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Thanks for the details, much appreciated

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 09:34 BST (UK) »
Peter Connelly Wight 1897-1982. Served in WW1 - Sgt Wight 9348 Tank Corps awarded MM. Married Anna Pfaff date and place unknown. 

London electoral registers would indicate that IF they did marry in was between 1929-30. Living alone as Wight and Pfaff in 1929, together 1930.

John

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 09:57 BST (UK) »
Info only, When Charles Thomas died in 1955, Alexander Wight was living with Jessie at 42 Little Birches, Sidcup as per Electoral register.

John

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 29 March 23 10:03 BST (UK) »
Morning Roy not found a marriage yet for Peter Wight was just going to post you details of electoral records but see John has posted  :)

Rosie