Author Topic: Speedtest safe to use on iPad?  (Read 571 times)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Speedtest safe to use on iPad?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 April 23 11:54 BST (UK) »
How far away is your router from the TV? It could be a reason you are having problems?   A bit of information from Google.

"Radio signals are the enemy of your router and will interfere with the broadband connection; this means your TV, radio, wireless phone, or even remote-control toy can all lag your Bridgerton binge watching. The best place to put your router is at a reasonable distance (around 5 feet) from other electronics, which will ensure a better wifi strength for everyone in the household."

Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 April 23 16:59 BST (UK) »
It could be your iPad is actually running out of space. I know on my iPhone, I had to delete some apps altogether to do a major update.

If you go into settings, select about.
Scroll down to capacity and below that is available.

If the available amount is low then your game is likely to freeze after a while if it’s memory hungry.

Ps… don’t send the speed test screen grab as it will contain your ip address… which can be dangerous in the wrong hands.   Just send them the results.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 April 23 18:10 BST (UK) »
I've just re-read my answer Reply #6

I seem to have  got my upload and downloads reversed - it should be upload looks a bit low compared with download. I'm not sure why I flipped these as I've been running various tests over the last few weeks.

It might also be worth checking the network band - check if it's 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz (found in Properties of your router)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 April 23 08:36 BST (UK) »
Girl Guide: our router is literally right next to the television.  We will try to move it elsewhere.  Thank you very much for the tip.

If you go into settings, select about.
Scroll down to capacity and below that is available.

If the available amount is low then your game is likely to freeze after a while if it’s memory hungry.

Ps… don’t send the speed test screen grab as it will contain your ip address… which can be dangerous in the wrong hands.   Just send them the results.

Capacity: 128 GB
Available: 84.26 GB
  I am guessing that available GB should be ok to run the game?  Note: I’ve noticed (lately, especially) that the first 5 to 15 minutes after opening the game is when I have the most trouble with freezing.  But I do have some freezing issues the entire time that I play.

I will not send a screenshot.  I did notice my location at the bottom when I ran the test; I really question why they would need a screenshot.  :(

Thank you for your help and guidance, jc26red.

Gadget, thank you for noticing the reversal (I’m not sure what it all means but thank you for posting the correction).  After taking a quick peek about checking properties, I think I will have one of our sons do that.  ;). Thank you for the suggestion, Gadget.

I actually forgot to check my son’s laptop - he recently started a new job and gets up at 4:00 am and has online college courses when he isn’t working, so his free time is limited. We should be able to check this weekend.  Thank you everyone for your interest, suggestions and guidance.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)