Author Topic: Hugh Henry of County Monaghan & County Antrim  (Read 721 times)

Offline WAY1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Henry of County Monaghan & County Antrim
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 April 23 14:59 BST (UK) »
Some lconstructive thoughts and wonderful ideas but the headache is still the access to records. Until I can find some definitive evidence back in Ireland - North or South I'm stuck. The Donegore DVD doesn't provide much to reinforce such concepts and the Ballybay records available to me are limited at this time.

I'm now tackling DNA links which MAY be helpful although even they are NOT always easy to interpret  - but I'm learning.

I have some mulling over and lateral thinking to do so I will leave the chat for a bit and anyway my allotment is beckoning - nature has its own time window!

Offline Darwin88

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 June 23 01:50 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for the Henry family from County Tyrone, Ireland.  Hugh Henry (about 1837-1903) and his brother William Henry (about 1831-1914) emigrated to Australia in 1856. 
According to their marriage and death certificates their father was John Henry and mother Margaret Warnock. 
Hugh Henry born Newmills, Co Tyrone and William Henry born Malines, Co Tyrone.
Both records on the brothers show that John Henry was a farmer then publican.
Unfortunately I can not find any Irish records.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 June 23 08:51 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for the Henry family from County Tyrone, Ireland.  Hugh Henry (about 1837-1903) and his brother William Henry (about 1831-1914) emigrated to Australia in 1856. 
According to their marriage and death certificates their father was John Henry and mother Margaret Warnock. 
Hugh Henry born Newmills, Co Tyrone and William Henry born Malines, Co Tyrone.
Both records on the brothers show that John Henry was a farmer then publican.
Unfortunately I can not find any Irish records.

It doesn't look like your Henry family has any connection with the Henrys listed in this thread so your post may get overlooked. Suggest asking a moderator to split the topic to make yours more visable.
Civil registration of births, deaths & Catholic marriages started in 1864 (from 1845 for non-Catholic marriages) so it's not surprising you haven't found information in Irish records. Do you know what religion the family might have been? there may or may not be church records of baptisms or marriages but to check that out you need a more exact location than 'Co. Tyrone.' I can find no such places as Newmills or Malines there- or anywhere else in the surrounding area.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!