Author Topic: Help required please tracing ancestors after 1914 marriage.  (Read 276 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Help required please tracing ancestors after 1914 marriage.
« on: Sunday 09 April 23 19:40 BST (UK) »
Been going through some old notes and trying to tie up a few loose ends.

John William Banbury was born circa 1891 in Leicester. I know his parents. I have him listed on the 1891 and 1901 census. He then turns up in Llangennech, Carmarthenshire, Wales on the 1911 Census.

He married Frances Helen Lloyd on 17th Jan 1914 at Newport (Wales) Register Office. Unfortunately the information I was eagerly anticipating was not listed on the duplicate marriage certificate  :( as both their Fathers names were missing with just a line entered in the box where the names stood have been ( I do know the parents of John William but I was hoping to find out more about Frances Helen ).

I have not been able to trace them after this time. I do not possess subscription to any family history websites but I have been able to find a mention of a John and Frances on the 1921 Census living in Risca.

FreeBMD does not reveal any births in any locations after 1914 when placing Banbury in the surname box and Lloyd in the Spouse/Mother surname box.

I have also found a mention of a John W Banbury living back in Leicester on the 1939 Register at 10 Dorothy Road but whether this is the John Wlliam Banbury I am looking for I don`t know. If it is, what happened to Frances?

Without wanting to sound or appear ungrateful I am not too bothered about details before 1914, I am trying to find out what happened to John and Frances after their marriage.

Many thanks in anticipation for all offers of help and assistance.

Steve  ;)
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help required please tracing ancestors after 1914 marriage.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 April 23 19:46 BST (UK) »
I'd suggest going to your local library and seeing if they have a sub to FindMyPast.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 April 23 19:52 BST (UK) »
From England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995:

BANBURY John William of 48 Victoria Road East Humberstone Leicester died 30 December 1965 at Royal Infirmary Leicester Administration Manchester 28 June to Frances Helen Banbury widow.

John is living in Risca in 1921, but Frances is not present (as far as I can see?).

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 April 23 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, a* has a tree for John William & Frances. Seems he was born 28 Dec 1890 Leicester and died 30 Dec 1965 Leicester.  It lists his probate record.

Please pm me for further.

Diddy

Ok crossed with last post
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 April 23 19:55 BST (UK) »
Could be have a war record? That might be why still away?

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 April 23 20:13 BST (UK) »
I'd suggest going to your local library and seeing if they have a sub to FindMyPast.

Pauline

Thank you for your reply Pauline, I think they do but will check when they re-open on Tuesday

From England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995:

BANBURY John William of 48 Victoria Road East Humberstone Leicester died 30 December 1965 at Royal Infirmary Leicester Administration Manchester 28 June to Frances Helen Banbury widow.

John is living in Risca in 1921, but Frances is not present (as far as I can see?).

Queenie  :)

Many thanks Queenie for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time to look up and place your findings in the response you posted. It is probably the break through I needed. The probate mentioning Frances Helen Banbury.

Looks like I need to order a copy of his Will  ;)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 April 23 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, a* has a tree for John William & Frances. Seems he was born 28 Dec 1890 Leicester and died 30 Dec 1965 Leicester.  It lists his probate record.

Please pm me for further.

Diddy

Ok crossed with last post

Have sent a pm Diddy  ;)

Could be have a war record? That might be why still away?

Diddy

Another check for Find My Past at the library

Many thanks Steve  ;)