Author Topic: Paul Tonken and Jane Baynard Marriage  (Read 173 times)

Offline Gordon163

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paul Tonken and Jane Baynard Marriage
« on: Sunday 09 April 23 21:16 BST (UK) »
HI,

Some years ago, there was a record on Family Search of a marriage between Paul Tonken and Jane Baynard on 8th Nov 1683 at Madron with Penzance.

Now when I look on Family Search, there is no mention of it. I seem to remember there being some strange spellings of the forename "Paul".

The Online Parish Clerk, at Madron, says that Jane Baynard (1659 - ), daughter of Thomas, died as an infant. So we think that the bride would have been Jane Baynard (1663 - ) of Sancreed.

Has anyone else come across such a marriage, please?

The couple appear to have had three daughters: Grace, Honor and Jane, all baptised at Paul in 1689, 1691 and 1693 respectively. There is also a baptism of Shilson Tonken at Madron in on 26th March 1704, with father Paul Tonken. I think that there were probably some other baptisms, which have been lost, or other children not baptised. The online parish clerk at Paul thinks that baptisms sometimes may not have happened, if there was a death in the family around the same time. 

There appears to be only one Paul Tonken in the area, baptised at Paul on 8th Oct 1656 and buried at Paul 15 Mar 1714.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Thanks,

Gordon