Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 16th April  (Read 2315 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 16th April
« Reply #54 on: Friday 14 April 23 06:49 BST (UK) »
Good to hear you've decided what is right for you now with the car LM and can move forward and on from the incident.
Eligibility in NZ for bus pass comes with pension age of 65, if dependent on non working pensioner spouse can qualify earlier on application. Different areas have various services operating and I'm really only familiar with Auckland region where seniors can travel by bus, train and ferry freely after 9am. It's a tag on and off system with a 'hop' card which was an outlay of $5 when introduced and kept topped up with funds for paying customers, just needed to show my seniors 'gold card' when the time came to have details transferred onto a free gold travel pass. I used it quite a lot before the pandemic to get around the city and across town by bus and train and a few times on the ferries, less frequently in these recent years. Good to know it's available, several regular services locally but I tend to walk mostly though will jump on the bus if weather a bit dodgy, having a  bit of load to carry or time and distance issues etc.

First week of school holidays, some rather active weather about around the country but quite warm still, watching marine forecast with family up north having had most of it on the boat with son-i-l's  parents calling into favourite bays and fishing but big catchup on phone today now they're home again.
Wednesday group don't usually meet in the holidays but we got together for the outdoor activity that was postponed a fortnight ago and not quite as pretty a day but all good luckily and an enjoyable shared lunch together, lovely rural setting.
Hour appointment for the dentist chair yesterday, preparation for another crown and the uncomfortable part of that over again, not too bad really and all done in 40 mins and with a temporary  crown to see me through to the next appointment in May. Another jaunt in the countryside afterwards, weekly shop on way back.

Lots of sorting of accumulations to get through before we move, always looming and daunting with weeks going by so fast and yet another weekend here already!  Have a good one :-)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 14 April 23 10:52 BST (UK) »
Good morning everyone
Thank you all for your messages re my car, got to wait till 15th May  so I will  have to keep all the detail in my car till then just in case

Mare,  how exciting, a move,  only ever moved once from a furnished flat to our current house, moved in with almost nothing but we won't  move out with nothing, got  57 years of "stuff", pity my poor daughter if she has to empty this house.

Had my bus pass since I was 60, got used frequently till recently but now our bus has changed to 1 an hour arriving when it thinks if will it might not get used soften.

Strange weather this week, it is still only April, hopefully it will improve

Have a good day

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 14 April 23 10:54 BST (UK) »
Yes, I am certain we are having five day weeks these days ,I do not know where the time goes to!
No sooner have I put away the better Sunday things than they are out again!
Everything else is getting less - except prices- so no surprise weeks are too !

When I say better Sunday things I mean I use my second best crockery, not my very best but not the everyday stuff.
My very best is a twelve or ten -can’t remember - full dinner service and tea service of iCopeland Spode Italian Blue, it fills a ten place dishwasher which is where it lives ,crammed full. I hardly use it , then I have most of a dinner service OH bought for our first Christmas ,very unusual and I love it but. Few breakages in the intervening 66 years, but in the two Christmases I spent alone due to Covid I used it and photographed my full meal so the children knew I was O.K, you can’t split yourself three ways so I fended for myself.

Quite a nice day here but so much water lying about ,huge puddles.
At Morrison’s there us a duck tiddling round waiting to be fed, there is a mill lodge a very short distance away  where  there are many ducks , it must have come from there.
People feed it bread , but white is not good for them it needs to be brown really .
A little local beauty spot ,Kay Brow Lodge , it served a small mill wheel, you can still se the housing for the wheel.
Lodge is a local word for a pond for industrial use, water power.
From late 1700’s / early 1800’s.

Well things to do ,so Cheerio. My Covid invitation has come this morning so will get that sorted.
Hope everyone is alright abd have a nice weekend, I am doing a neal fir son’s B/day, eldest son will come with his wife but daughter down in  Suffolk will phone , her card has come and his nephew and niece will send cards  and
 phone ,so will Flash Harry who was thrilled with his metal detector at Christmas.
We are going down sometime in May and will take F,H’s Water magnet for finding things in streams etc - under strict supervision!
It is his Birthday present from us.
Cheerio folks ,must get on , a house to get respectable , baking and shopping
etc.
Look after yourselves and I hope you have a nice weekend .
Viktoria.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 16 April 23 20:24 BST (UK) »
Been following the thread as usual - people seem to be feeling a lot brighter.

Nothing of any note to report from me but looking forward to tomorrow when I'm going to Hastings for the week with sister, b-in-law, niece, her husband, the twins plus their older sister (13).  Just a short trip to lift our spirits after a cold and damp winter.   Good news is the forecast is sunny every day.   Not warm yet though but temperature is a few degrees higher than it's been here of late so sounds good to me.  The little ones will love it I'm sure.

Best wishes to you all.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 16 April 23 20:46 BST (UK) »
Enjoy Annette, I am sure you will, you might need to wrap up but you can still enjoy it in good company

LM
Been following the thread as usual - people seem to be feeling a lot brighter.

Nothing of any note to report from me but looking forward to tomorrow when I'm going to Hastings for the week with sister, b-in-law, niece, her husband, the twins plus their older sister (13).  Just a short trip to lift our spirits after a cold and damp winter.   Good news is the forecast is sunny every day.   Not warm yet though but temperature is a few degrees higher than it's been here of late so sounds good to me.  The little ones will love it I'm sure.

Best wishes to you all.

Annette

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 16 April 23 20:47 BST (UK) »
Oops, sorry don't know what happened there, I did get an error  message up

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 16 April 23 22:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks for sharing Annette,  a nice break for you and in lovely company .

Second son’s  64 th Birthday today ,eldest and his wife came for a cooked tea , a nice gammon joint ,crushed  garlic and thyme potatoes ,French,Runner beans and peas, parsley sauce,  then coffee cake
All washed up and away and I am whacked so off to bed .
His brother bought him a vertical take off helicopter!!!About six inches long!
We sang ,much to his mortification
,Happy Birthday to you ,
You belong in a zoo,
You look like a hityponaus ( his six year old version )
And you act like one too”

I gave money ,he is starting to restore various things , a break from perpetual work.He will have fun with his brother ,mind you at one time they could hardly be in the same room!
About eight and ten!
Whew , one mouthy and the other physical !!.

Hope all are well or at least recouperating , and I hope the Coronation weekend is a sunny one , more splendour and precision ,we do do that sort of thing superbly well.
Makes me proud to be British!
Must get the flags and bunting out !
Plant up the hanging baskets in red,white and blue .

Goodnight folks , look after yourselves.
All pots and glasses away, kitchen tidy and so off to bed with a fiendish crossword so I will  probably fall asleep with my mouth open and wake up with a start to a dry mount!

Cheerio,Viktoria.