Author Topic: Thomas Lister  (Read 311 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Lister
« on: Tuesday 11 April 23 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with any of the following?

I have a Thomas Lister who married Ann Key in 1672, Durham Diocese. It states that Thomas Lister birthplace or abode was Bronde Close Houses, Croxdale and Ann Key was from Merrington (Kirk Merrington).
They had a daughter Mary Lister born 1673 at Hett?

Thomas Lister died in 1674 and was buried at Hett?

Ann his wife later married at St Oswald in Durham Mark Hopper (1639 - 1710) and had further issue. She died in 1706 and was buried at St Oswald Durham.

Any help with Thomas parentage or dates to any of the above greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Offline AlanBoyd

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Lister
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 09:05 BST (UK) »
I haven't found anything really new, but here are some precise dates obtained from Durham Records Online. I saw no obvious candidate for the baptism of Thomas Lister.

marriage bond: 24 Jun 1672 Thomas Litster (of Bronde Close Houses, [Croxdale], yeoman) obtained a licence to marry Ann Key(?) (of [Merrington])  Surety: John Hobson, yeoman, of Hett

baptism at St. John the Evangelist, Merrington:  22 Jun 1673 Marye Litster, of Hett, daughter of Thomas Litster 

burial at St. John the Evangelist, Merrington: 2 Nov 1674 Tho [Thomas] Litster, of Hett

marriage at St. Oswald, Durham City: 5 May 1677 Mark Hopper (of this parish) married Anne Litester (of Merrington parish) 
Boyd, Dove, Blakey, Burdon

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi! Many thanks for that - the dates help a lot. Really appreciate your help :D

Online Seelife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 April 23 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi. Going by what Alan found, there is a possible extended family nearby. This may be a red herring though. I found a Thomas Litster born 1646 in Grindon, son of William, Godparents Thomas Litster.
I mention this as there seems to be a confluence of naming. The Grindon area is still reasonably close to the Merrington, FerryHill, Spennymoor, Hett you are looking at. It may be a relative, but worth looking at maybe.
Winn, Wynne, Wynd, Wind, Winde

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 April 23 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi! Many thanks for that - will have a look! :)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 June 23 18:31 BST (UK) »
There are some Key wills and inventories available to read and download from Durham inheritance database, you may find a connection to Ann's family, also I noticed a Ann Key married John Swinbank at St John the Evangelist, Merrington,  11th October 1664
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,