Author Topic: Eleanor Norwood & Edmond Musselwhite marriage  (Read 347 times)

Offline alittlepronetopanic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eleanor Norwood & Edmond Musselwhite marriage
« on: Wednesday 12 April 23 21:11 BST (UK) »
Is anyone able to confirm a marriage between Eleanor Eliza Norwood, daughter of Sir William Norwood and Elizabeth Lygon (1563-1624) and Edmond Musselwhite (1575-1590)?

I can't find any record for it but someone on FamilySearch has it down as a marriage with one daughter (Katharine Musselwhite (1600-1664). She was supposedly born 10 years after her father died which isn't even possible but I'm aware that FamilySearch may not be exactly reliable. I don't have access to any other genealogy sites so thought I would ask on here.

So I was wondering if anyone is able to confirm any of this properly.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Norwood & Edmond Musselwhite marriage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 April 23 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi there, you did not give any idea of what country or what region you are researching in ??

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alittlepronetopanic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 April 23 20:34 BST (UK) »
Downtown, Wiltshire, UK.-

Apparently, he actually died in 1641. But the potential daughter would have been born while her mother was potentially still married to George Blount unless they divorced before he died.

Though having said that, she was still having children with George when Katherine Musselwhite was supposedly born.

Offline Drayke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 December 23 09:21 GMT (UK) »
This is a little late of a reply however saw your post after researching some of the Whaddon records and thought I would comment with an answer to your query and for posterity.

As per usual with many family trees of this era, the tree you found seems to be another tree of a person trying to link to nobility with no source or evidence.

There is no such marriage that took place nor is the spouse of Edmond (Edward) Musselwhite of Downton Eleanor Eliza Norwood.

Whilst no marriage record exists for Edmond Musselwhite due to the Downton records starting in 1602, his spouse can be found mentioned in the will of his mother in law Agnes Shotter (Shuter) of Whaddon who died in 1612 and was wife of John Shotter of Whaddon. Therein she mentions her daughter Eleanor Musselwhite and whilst doesn't specifically state her to be the wife of Edmond, she leaves legacies to Edmond Musselwhite of Downton and his children William, Richard and Judith.

There is also no record of a birth of a Katherine to an Edmond, nor is Katherine mentioned as a living child in the above mentioned will.

From this it is clear that Eleanor Shotter (Shuter) is the wife of Edmond, which is also backed up by Eleanor's burial record with her being the only 'Eleanor' buried as the wife of a Musselwhite as well as the birth of their child Judith.