Author Topic: Irish Genealogy - Professional Reserch  (Read 841 times)

Offline jnomad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Genealogy - Professional Reserch
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 April 23 18:42 BST (UK) »
I too am limited to what’s available on line. But at an early stage I posted a question at irelandxo.com, and got wonderful help from a volunteer on the site who lives in the relevant region. Professional level expertise in family history with no wish to get into my wallet. I think there are volunteers in each of the counties.

Offline jnomad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 April 23 20:26 BST (UK) »
Also of course this site. Post what you know about your Irish ancestor, and see if anyone on the ground can help.

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 01:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you arthurk. No, I had not seen these. How wonderful! I wish my ancestor was high up in the ranks and listed somewhere but he was a Messenger for the OS. Nonethless, these are just wonderful and also include dates in each region so that is helpful in itself. :)
MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY

Offline xpress4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 April 23 01:41 BST (UK) »
I too am limited to what’s available on line. But at an early stage I posted a question at irelandxo.com, and got wonderful help from a volunteer on the site who lives in the relevant region. Professional level expertise in family history with no wish to get into my wallet. I think there are volunteers in each of the counties.
Thank you Jnomad! I will give them a try as well. It would be lovely to connect with someone in the area of interest.

I've posted much here over the last few years and received a lot of great responses from all the wonderful people on this site. I suspect my quest is too specific or else my objective is non-existent to get much further. However, you never know! ;) There's also the hope that, as years go by, something might pop up online to move things along for me. Thanks for your suggestions!

MOORE, LAW, SANDFORD, DELANEY