Author Topic: Look up request - Bryan Noon / Margaret Jordan marriage  (Read 395 times)

Offline Rosygem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - Bryan Noon / Margaret Jordan marriage
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 April 23 19:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I was standing on the side of a football pitch when replying earlier :/

This is all the info I have:

Bryan Noon b. 1821 (?) in Ireland - no baptism record, birth year/place taken from the censuses. He died Oct 1894 in Warrington, Lancs. I have his death certificate. He worked as an ag. labourer/gen. labourer.

Margaret Jordan b. 1823 (?) in Ireland - no baptism record, birth year/place taken from the censuses. No death record as yet.

They had 5 Children that I know of:
Bridget b. 1845 in Ireland
Mary b. 1851 in Ireland (my 3GGM)
Sarah b. 1854 in Warrington
James b. 1856 in Warrington
John b. 1859 in Warrington

I have birth certificates for Sarah, James and John - all showing their father as Bryan Noon and their mother as Margaret (formerly Jordan/Shurdon). All names/places etc link up with the other info I have.

The family moved from Ireland to Warrington and the first census I can find them on is from 1861.
They mostly lived at Foundry Street, but moved house numbers a few times. The censuses don't give a specific area of Ireland for any births.

I have the marriage certificate for their daughter Mary (my 3GGM) who married John Mullins in Warrington in 1867 and names/places all link up. John's baptism shows he was from Galway. Their daughter Sarah later lived on Foundry Street and she's listed as the informant/granddaughter on Bryan Noon's death certificate with the same address as him.

I cannot find baptism records for Bridget or Mary Noon.
And I cannot find a marriage for Bryan and Margaret.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - Bryan Noon / Margaret Jordan marriage
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 April 23 20:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks. It was just a bit confusing when you wrote that you had Brian’s birth certificate.
I can’t see any records either.
If any records were in Latin, it might read ‘Bernardus’  or similar as the two names are used. I am assuming though that the family were Catholic.
There are other Noon/e families in Warrington. They might be worth looking at - they could be related.
If the family were Catholic, baptism sponsors of any Warrington born children could be relatives.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk