Author Topic: help please. with. Irene Asher  (Read 549 times)

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help please. with. Irene Asher
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 April 23 21:53 BST (UK) »
thanks daisy....you could well be right.

ive had some feedback from Asher relatives in the uk....one remembers her mother talking about a female relative coming over from Canada to nottm for. a visit in the. early. 1950s.-...seems to have come alone, but maybe husband stayed behind in Canada....she could have married or. remarried or died anywhere

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 April 23 02:05 BST (UK) »
When the supposed father William dies in 1943 in Ottawa, his parents are given as William T. Asher, born Ontario, and Isabel MacIntosh, born England.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 April 23 02:49 BST (UK) »
There is an Irene Asher, nurse in training, on the 1945 voters list in Peterborough, ON.  She shows up again as a nurse on the 1968 voters list in Port Arthur, ON. 

RK

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 April 23 10:58 BST (UK) »
thanks everyone..-..-.just thinking about these

eileen...william asher is a very common name. on my. family tree, but I've got. one in particular who has. been driving me crazy....cant find him after he gets. married in Leicester in 1814...and believe me I've had everyone looking...as people here know to their cost

wonder if his descendants are the.people you've turned up....it would be one heck of a coincidence, but. you. never know :-*

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 April 23 15:05 BST (UK) »
an interesting aside to all this is that the photos I've sifted through belonged to. a mr. Asher who married a miss Hudson, but, apart from the couple in question and their. children, there aren't any more Asher photos apart from. Irene.

I know that there was a. big financial dispute within the Asher family, and this particular couple clung to. the Hudson relatives...maybe. they also. distanced themselves because of religion...although no longer following the faith, the Ashers had jewish roots and one of miss hudsons. sisters had been. forced to. give up her catholic boyfriend.

this is making men. rexamine my idea that Irene. had. been born in Britain...if. her branch of the family had been in Canada for some time, she may. have been able. to avoid being dragged into the problems

and she could have been researching her family. tree

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 April 23 17:18 BST (UK) »

Maybe you will be able to find her in a couple of months,

https://library-archives.canada.ca/eng/corporate/website-updates/pages/census-1931.aspx

:)
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 April 23 17:53 BST (UK) »
thanks daisy

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 01 May 23 21:01 BST (UK) »
it has been pointed out to me that Irene may. still be. alive...so please delete any reference to her....but id. be grateful if someone. could track back through the William Ashers, as that should lead me to. the point. when the Ashers left the uk and. I can tie them in with my family., which is what I'm really after

thanks