Author Topic: 23 and me cannot download segment data  (Read 247 times)

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
23 and me cannot download segment data
« on: Saturday 22 April 23 12:08 BST (UK) »
I have in the dowloaded segment match data for use in DNA painter
I can no longer seem to do this now on 23 & me
Is this a change? Or am I missing something
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline pughcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 23 and me cannot download segment data
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 April 23 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi stonechat,

Well you don't indicate when this change took place but I can confirm that the 23andMe website has been updated and there is also a new annual Premium Membership 23andMe+ which gives you access to additional features. I have the annual membership so can see the segment data but even then it's not very user friendly.

So, select a DNA match from your list and click into their report. Go to Your Genetic Relationship. View DNA Details. Click Compare with More Relatives. Select your profile from the List and add it to the Comparison tool. Click Compare. This should open a new page with full Segment graphics. Under the Graphic you will see the Detailed Segment Data. You should be able to Right Click, Highlight and Select this Data to Copy into the DNAPainter website.

As I say it's not very user friendly but it works. However, I do not know if this feature is available to you if you have not upgraded to 23andMe+

pughcd
Ingham, Crabtree, Ogden, Horsfield - Yorkshire, Dixon, Park, Spooner - Westmorland, Drinkwater - Lancashire,  Gonsalves, Tressler - Lahore, Pakistan, Oberbremer, Baute, Rieke, Lindemeier, Sewing, Mesterheide, Clauss, Althoff, Wortmann, - North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany, Grolms, Schonscheck, Weiss, Schwartz, Stephan, Weissin -West Prussia

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 23 14:35 BST (UK) »
I've not upgraded but have just checked and I can still get the segment data via selecting a match and then clicking on  'find other relatives in common' and selecting on the listing and then 'compare'

I don't use 23&me very often as I joined for non-genealogy reasons.  I find My Heritage/gedmatch much better for segment comparisons.

Gadget

Also you can bring up a list of matches and click on compare from amongst them.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline CorleyMiller

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 April 23 14:39 BST (UK) »
Alternatively you can download segment data etc for all matches:
Go to Ancestry & Traits, then choose DNA Relatives, this will show all matches.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and there's a 'Download DNA Relatives Data' button to click.
You'll then get an email with a link to download a zip file that contains a .csv file which can be opened in Microsoft Excel.

Hope that helps

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 April 23 14:48 BST (UK) »
Yes I can see now you need to do a copy and paste

The was probably one new match, if i can remember hitch one
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 April 23 20:28 BST (UK) »
stonechat, I'm so pleased that you asked this question. 

When I went in to see if I could still get the segments, there was a new match -  a 2C1R in Canada. I knew her aunts very well when we were young.

Thank you  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***