Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 30th April  (Read 1879 times)

Online radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 30th April
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 April 23 14:24 BST (UK) »
No sun here either, a short splash of the wet stuff. Enjoy it while you have it, seems to be four seasons in one week these days.  :)
Not quite like Melbourne then where it is said that you can have four seasons weather in just one day. And that is not far from reality, which we experienced on a number of occasions.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 April 23 18:21 BST (UK) »
Very mixed weather here in Dublin for the last few days. Today, there is lovely warm sunshine interspersed with very heavy rain, and we had some thunder yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry and sunny, I hope to get some gardening done if it is.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 April 23 20:58 BST (UK) »
Well folks, for all who have not had a good day I must say Herne Bay was a nice trip, it has changed over the years for the better, the pier during the summer has music going on in  the evenings at weekends, some interesting and reasonable I was told, can't think of anywhere nicer on a beautiful  summer weekend if you live in that area.
Considering  it is a BH  weekend the traffic was free flowing , a nice day doing not a  lot but tiring
A new week tomorrow,  how quickly the weeks are flying by

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 30 April 23 22:02 BST (UK) »
Glad you enjoyed your trip L.M .
My son was delayed for hours yesterday , tea was ruined.

Rain all day today.
No Church here today ,a group Church service at Edenfield , four Churches in the group and only one Minister!
Edenfield Church was a Chapel of Rest for Pilgrims on their way to Whaley Abbey ,up the valley .
There four Churches are ,Edenfield,St Philip’s ,St, Andrew’s, and St,Paul’s.
There  is no public transport to  Edenfield from Ramsbottom.

I can’t find my flag!

Had it for The Jubilee ,and at half mast for The Queen’s funeral ,got the bunting but no big flag .Some small ones. Time enough to buy another.
Have a very old one ,flown at Queen Victoria’s  funeral.
Out of my Grandma’s  bedroom window on a brush stele.( a broom handle, )
But a bit precious .
It must be in the  cupboard where  the  bunting was.

Had chicken for tea, did what it said ,ie put a quartered lemon inside with rosemary and thyme ,not a trace of flavour in the meat but nice gravy .
Why do I fall for the blurb ???

Well an early night I think, son wants to go to look at furniture tomorrow, how exciting ,we saw a run of high quality modern furniture some months ago ,in a big mill which was an antiques centre ,it was a well known brand which is so well known I can’t oh yes—- Ercol, incredibly cheap, let’s hope it is still there .
Oh I am tired o a milky coffee and some toasted cinnamon fruit loaf then a crossword in bed and bo bos.
Look after yourselves folks .
Viktoria.

Online radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 01 May 23 10:42 BST (UK) »
Sunday evening Telly Grump. Not an awful lot to choose from but we persevered with Antiques Roadshow (repeat), then Countryfile -ugh why show so many lambs being born, just around the time we were having an early supper snack! Then the piece about Charlie, his life and thoughts about the future-bit boring and I suppose we shall have this now for the next goodness knows how long. I was really looking forward to ITV3 on Channel 10  Jimmy Tarbuck in conversation- may have been a repeat but I needed something to brighten the evening- but no , it was the man with Big Red Book, a repeat from way back of This is Your Life Eric Sykes. Not that I don't like Eric Sykes but does anyone know the reason for the change of programme- did I miss something at the very beginning?.............
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 01 May 23 10:58 BST (UK) »
Eamon Andrews  did this I your life for years, I think he died quite young

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 01 May 23 23:41 BST (UK) »
Grand daughter phoned today ,has been looking at a house with fiancé, sent pics ,but I gave my opinion and the thumbs down.
The huge kitchen is as high as the apex of the roof ,all that space and heat rising ,no energy rating as a listed building , damp course bridged by pavement having been raised ,a cockeyed window!
So they decided no.
Her fiancée with a group of friends rode from Suffolk to John O’Groats ,then back tomLowestoft, St.David’s then Lands’End , back to Suffolk, 32 hours all in .
1452 miles and raised £ 3,451 , each , for a hospice for children in Suffolk.
I could not believe it , on bikes—— but of course motor bikes!
I envisaged cycles !
Not sure how many did it ,but a wonderful feat .
I would have sponsored him. I suppose I can still do something.

Son wanted to go to Darwen today,  an antiques centre but even though it was supposed to be open it wasn’t.
But Darwen— some wonderful buildings ,big Victorian edifices, and the countryside was lovely ,so green, stone walls ,blossom out and daffodils and even flowering cherry trees.
So a pleasant afternoon .
And easy tea, cold chicken ,lots of salad and chips!
Chatted with daughter this evening as usual, she told me about our Freddy Flintoff lookalike and his charity bike ride.

Next weekend Flash Harry and friend are going with F,H’s parents and Kyra, camping as friend’s Birthday treat ,Flash Harry’s on 11 thMay so  both close together .
He is doing advanced swimming and is good as his Daddy was -so smooth in the water there was hardly even a ripple .
He learnt at QUEG’S ( Queen Elisabeth Grammar School in Blackburn ) where there was a good Swimming class.He was not a pupil there ,the class was open to all and  was well known as very good.

He is growing up fast .
His friend who is not so confident was starting to be unhappy at school also so his parents too went in to see the Head, and explained he rarely needs to be disciplined and gets very distressed by the teacher’s very strident voice and loud shouting , and have said they hope in the forthcoming staff re shuffle he does not have her again next year as they will have to move him !
FH is much better now the “ elocution lessons”  have stopped and he is not being corrected for his Northern accent.
With a bit of luck they will all be speaking as he does!

Well bed calls , so hope everyone is alright and the the weather is good for
The Coronation ,it rained I seem to remember ,for The  Queen’s .

Cheerio.
Viktoria.