Author Topic: Catholic children's home 1913/14,manchester area  (Read 511 times)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic children's home 1913/14,manchester area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 May 23 08:33 BST (UK) »
.....the parents split up around 1913 ish they had at least 5 children, the mother had to put the  boys were sent to a home l was told it was a, workhouse and nuns looked after them

I can see that Emma remarried in 1918 to Fred TATTERSALL.  In 1921 they are all together in Prestwich, surname transcribed by FindMyPast as 'FATTERSON'  ::)

Fred and Emma have two sons, Arthur born 1921 and Fred born 1919, as well as MULLIGAN children, Robert born 1916, Evelyn born 1913, Kathleen born 1910, Herbert born 1906, and William born 1904.

In 1911 Herbert and Kathleen (Catherine) are said to be born in Manchester but their births were actually registered in Bristol.

Robert born 1916 and remarriage in 1918 doesn't leave much time for the children to be in a home.  Do you think that Robert wasn't William's son and that Emma was a bigamist?

Martin was also  born in Bristol, not Manchester.

This from 1921 might be worth looking at, no other household members showing in the indexes so could be an institution:

Martin MULLIGAN
Born 1912, Manchester, Lancashire, England

Living at Northenden, Bucklow, Cheshire

Debra  :)
hi l cannot find them under the name fatter son,,, eda
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 May 23 08:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra l have subscribed to FindMyPast,, thought l may learn a bit more, but on the 1921 l cannot find the name fatterson, thanks eda
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland

Online AlanBoyd

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 May 23 11:20 BST (UK) »
Definitely there.
Boyd, Dove, Blakey, Burdon

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 May 23 14:43 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much,, l now have FindMyPast for l month,, l will look again must have missed something,, not great finding my way round but will get used to it I'm sure,, thanks again,,