Author Topic: Recent hopeful dna match  (Read 212 times)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Recent hopeful dna match
« on: Friday 28 April 23 09:50 BST (UK) »
Just recently a dna match popped up but was unasighned, l checked it out and what it threw up has really put things into place, l could see we had a surname match, l got in touch with. This person,, he told me his grandfather was put into a home along with his three brothers about 1912 or just after they were living in crumpsall Manchester UK, the parents of the children split up the husband said he would send money to support them but it stopped coming, My main aim for research was to find my husbands grandfather's whereabouts  before 1917, he had no family ever mentioned he had different dates on census and marriage cert also his death gave a different age,, when l researched the family that had been put into a home the mother remarried and listed her last husband has dead, this was 1917, my husbands grandfather for some suspicious reason reason did not marry the mother of his 7 children until 1927,, we share lots of common matches, we were told  lots of stories of grandad to many to write down here the match l have found is 119 cMs across 5, the match is the grt grandson of the child put in home he was 8yrs born 1904,,
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland