Author Topic: John Doughty b 1800/1801  (Read 417 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: John Doughty b 1800/1801
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 May 23 14:52 BST (UK) »
It is on FindMyPast  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NoughtyDoughty85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 May 23 15:14 BST (UK) »
Ah, I did find it earlier on Ancestry but I need to look into to more as the record I have she got baptized aged 24 along with her brother John Bywater Doughty. in 1849 at CofE and the other one was at General Baptist in 124 same parents but there is a tree stating there was a family with the same names living on the same street, so I need to check it out. Its entirely possibly she re baptized given the change from CofE to general Baptist. Thanks.

Offline NoughtyDoughty85

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 May 23 15:42 BST (UK) »
Oh thats interesting! Rosie! Quite possible his father was John Doughty then given the JR part. Tysm

Think you've just broken a massive brick wall down for me! So I suspected the John ive originally questioned is an ancestor but a lack of birth record made it hard (not sure why there is a lack of record, maybe something happened). You found the record for above and she and her father are all in my tree I just couldnt make the connection. With the help of the other roots chat member, she amazingly found he was called John Doughty Jr. I originally did this post into a separate tree as I couldnt connect but now I can add it to my actual tree because of youre amazing info! Thanks!