Author Topic: Place in Glenmuick, Tullich and Glengairn Parish  (Read 620 times)

Offline Nichy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Place in Glenmuick, Tullich and Glengairn Parish
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 May 23 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have only just started out looking at all of these things-just wondering what are the Deeside MI’s that you mentioned?

Offline David Nicoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 May 23 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, the Aberdeen Family History Society have transcribed “all” up until 2000 or so the Monumental Inscriptions in the graveyards of Aberdeenshire. Many other local societies have done the same. They are a great help in tracing families. Not only can it help locate them in a graveyard, saving a lot of time, but some of them records stones that are either no longer there or illegible, the can be a fantastic resource.
Nicoll, Small - Scotland Dennis - Lincolnshire, Baldwin - Notts. Gordon, Fletcher Deeside

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 May 23 07:43 BST (UK) »
the Aberdeen Family History Society have transcribed “all” up until 2000 or so the Monumental Inscriptions in the graveyards of Aberdeenshire.
Not quite all, so far.

They have surveyed many of the burial grounds in Aberdeenshire, Kincardineshire, Banffshire and Morayshire, and published a series of booklets.

There is an index at https://www.anesfhs.org.uk/databanks/memorial-inscriptions/miindex that tells you which burial grounds have been surveyed and published, and what names have been found. You need to buy the booklet to get the full inscription.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline David Nicoll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 May 23 18:07 BST (UK) »
Forfarian,
   Thanks for the correction, a useful link, I found this out today when I asked if there was an update for Glengairn, I see that it does not exist as yet, only in the pre-1855 volume!
Nicoll, Small - Scotland Dennis - Lincolnshire, Baldwin - Notts. Gordon, Fletcher Deeside