Author Topic: Where did Issobel live?  (Read 272 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Where did Issobel live?
« on: Monday 01 May 23 14:04 BST (UK) »
I'm interested in the marriage of John Decks and Issabell Clerk on 14 March 1699, but I'd welcome another opinion on it. It's from the East Kilbride parish register.

March 14 99 John Decks Son to ? Decks in Hamilton paroch and Issabell Clerk in ?

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where did Issobel live?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 May 23 16:15 BST (UK) »
I think it may be Wm. The second letter is m. Are there any other Wms on the page to compare?

Isobel comes from a place that starts Auchin. Maybe Auchin[ ]eth or Auchin[]ech.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 May 23 16:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks, GR2. I was hoping it would be Wm because if it is he's probably my 8th-great-grandfather.

Auchin...th is also desirable because it would match information in the indexes to the Registers of Sasines.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 23 20:17 BST (UK) »
Here's Andrew Stewart from Ayrshire in 1693. Your W looks a bit like the one in Stewart.